MS - IE 7 Opens in new windows

Dave

MS - IE 7 Opens in new windows
I have Vista Business SP 1
IE 7
When I open IE it's fine, until I click on any link on the orginal page, it
will open a new window
If I type an URL in the address bar it will open a new window
If I select any web link from my favorites it will open a new window
It doesn't matter which link or web site I go to including https sites it
will open a new window.
I've put a few sites in the trusted site and it still does it
I've posted this question last week and got nowhere. It is so frustrating
I've downloaded firefox and I am NOT having the same issues with it
--
Dave

Re: MS - IE 7 Opens in new windows
As we discussed in your original thread [1], sites (including links &
bookmarks) in a different Security Zone will open in a new window by default
in Vista, Dave.

================
[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d19572f82b2d61

Dave wrote:
> I have Vista Business SP 1
> IE 7
> When I open IE it's fine, until I click on any link on the orginal page,
> it
> will open a new window
> If I type an URL in the address bar it will open a new window
> If I select any web link from my favorites it will open a new window
> It doesn't matter which link or web site I go to including https sites it
> will open a new window.
> I've put a few sites in the trusted site and it still does it
> I've posted this question last week and got nowhere. It is so frustrating
> I've downloaded firefox and I am NOT having the same issues with it

Dave

Re: MS - IE 7 Opens in new windows
Don't understand? I haven't done anything different, why all of a sudden
everything is opening in a new window

--
Dave

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> As we discussed in your original thread [1], sites (including links &
> bookmarks) in a different Security Zone will open in a new window by default
> in Vista, Dave.
>
> ================
> [1]
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d19572f82b2d61
>

> Dave wrote:
> > I have Vista Business SP 1
> > IE 7
> > When I open IE it's fine, until I click on any link on the orginal page,
> > it
> > will open a new window
> > If I type an URL in the address bar it will open a new window
> > If I select any web link from my favorites it will open a new window
> > It doesn't matter which link or web site I go to including https sites it
> > will open a new window.
> > I've put a few sites in the trusted site and it still does it
> > I've posted this question last week and got nowhere. It is so frustrating
> > I've downloaded firefox and I am NOT having the same issues with it

Re: MS - IE 7 Opens in new windows
You may have re-enabled UAC?

Dave wrote:
> Don't understand? I haven't done anything different, why all of a sudden
> everything is opening in a new window
>

>> As we discussed in your original thread [1], sites (including links &
>> bookmarks) in a different Security Zone will open in a new window by
>> default in Vista, Dave.
>>
>> ================
>> [1]
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d19572f82b2d61
>>

>> Dave wrote:
>>> I have Vista Business SP 1
>>> IE 7
>>> When I open IE it's fine, until I click on any link on the orginal page,
>>> it
>>> will open a new window
>>> If I type an URL in the address bar it will open a new window
>>> If I select any web link from my favorites it will open a new window
>>> It doesn't matter which link or web site I go to including https sites
>>> it
>>> will open a new window.
>>> I've put a few sites in the trusted site and it still does it
>>> I've posted this question last week and got nowhere. It is so
>>> frustrating
>>> I've downloaded firefox and I am NOT having the same issues with it

Dave

Re: MS - IE 7 Opens in new windows
UAC?

--
Dave

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You may have re-enabled UAC?
>
> Dave wrote:
> > Don't understand? I haven't done anything different, why all of a sudden
> > everything is opening in a new window
> >

> >> As we discussed in your original thread [1], sites (including links &
> >> bookmarks) in a different Security Zone will open in a new window by
> >> default in Vista, Dave.
> >>
> >> ================
> >> [1]
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d19572f82b2d61

Re: MS - IE 7 Opens in new windows
And you've been running Vista SP1 for "quite some time," you say?

You could start with...

How to use User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922708

Explore the features: User Account Control:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...abid=2&catid=4

Explore the features: Internet Explorer Protected Mode:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...abid=2&catid=2