Can't find / enable Microsoft RDP client Control - is there a way to manually install it?

boe

Can't find / enable Microsoft RDP client Control - is there a way to manually install it?
Hello,

I'm running Windows XP SP3, IE7 - latest version. I have an SBS server
with remote desktop enabled. I have added the site to my trusted sites,
set the security for low (still no luck)- then when in and set all active x
for enabled on trusted sites. I have tried to regsvr32
%systemroot%\system32\mstscax.dll.

I go to tools, internet options, manage add-ons - Microsoft RDP client
Control is not listed - under enabled or disabled (actually nothing is
listed as disabled - only enabled items - tried the drop down at the top -
still no luck) - just isn't listed. I can log in as a different user on my
windows XP box - go to the same web site and it works - and Microsoft RDP
client Control is listed under add-ons.

The portion of the Remote Web Workplace requires the Microsoft Desktop
ActiveX control. Your browser security settings may be preventing you from
downloading the ActiveX controls. Adjust these settings, and try to
connect again.

I have administrator rights on the account with this issue. I'm the owner
of the PC and all the accounts have administrative rights. I have verified
I have administrative rights.

boe

Re: Can't find / enable Microsoft RDP client Control - is there a way to manually install it?
Please disregard - I deleted the following entries and it works fine -

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVe rsionExtSettings{7584c670-2274-4efb-b00b-d6aaba6d3850}]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVe rsionExtSettings{4eb89ff4-7f78-4a0f-8b8d-2bf02e94e4b2}]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVe rsionExtSettings{7390f3d8-0439-4c05-91e3-cf5cb290c3d0}]

"boe" <boe_dNO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm running Windows XP SP3, IE7 - latest version. I have an SBS server
> with remote desktop enabled. I have added the site to my trusted sites,
> set the security for low (still no luck)- then when in and set all active
> x for enabled on trusted sites. I have tried to regsvr32
> %systemroot%\system32\mstscax.dll.
>
> I go to tools, internet options, manage add-ons - Microsoft RDP client
> Control is not listed - under enabled or disabled (actually nothing is
> listed as disabled - only enabled items - tried the drop down at the top -
> still no luck) - just isn't listed. I can log in as a different user on
> my windows XP box - go to the same web site and it works - and Microsoft
> RDP client Control is listed under add-ons.
>

> The portion of the Remote Web Workplace requires the Microsoft Desktop
> ActiveX control. Your browser security settings may be preventing you
> from downloading the ActiveX controls. Adjust these settings, and try to
> connect again.
>
> I have administrator rights on the account with this issue. I'm the owner
> of the PC and all the accounts have administrative rights. I have
> verified I have administrative rights.

Re: Can't find / enable Microsoft RDP client Control - is there a way to manually install it?
You cannot connect to a remote computer or start a remote application when
you use Terminal Services Web Access or Remote Web Workspace on a Windows XP
SP3-based computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951607