Tabs opening in new window

Gloria

Tabs opening in new window
I use IE7 on my office computer as well as 2 home computers. I have 3 tabs
open each time I start IE7. One is ABC News, the 2nd in gmail, and the 3rd is
a Yahoo group. On one of the home computers it recently started opening the
last 2 tabs in a new window (so that I have 2 sets of IE running). At first I
was getting a message that, due to security, it needed to open a new tab. Now
I occasionally get that message when I try to log on to a website, and it
will open a 3rd session of IE7. I'm running Vista on this computer; however
I am also running Vista on my laptop and don't have the same problem. I've
checked Tools/Options/ to see if there is anything different in the Security
or General settings between the 2 computers, and I can't see anything. Any
help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
rob^_^

Re: Tabs opening in new window
Hi Gloria,

You have added one of your homepages to the Trusted Security Zone.

You will either have to remove it from the trusted zone or add the other two
homepages to the Trusted zone.

Regards.

"Gloria" <Gloria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use IE7 on my office computer as well as 2 home computers. I have 3 tabs
> open each time I start IE7. One is ABC News, the 2nd in gmail, and the 3rd
> is
> a Yahoo group. On one of the home computers it recently started opening
> the
> last 2 tabs in a new window (so that I have 2 sets of IE running). At
> first I
> was getting a message that, due to security, it needed to open a new tab.
> Now
> I occasionally get that message when I try to log on to a website, and it
> will open a 3rd session of IE7. I'm running Vista on this computer;
> however
> I am also running Vista on my laptop and don't have the same problem. I've
> checked Tools/Options/ to see if there is anything different in the
> Security
> or General settings between the 2 computers, and I can't see anything.
> Any
> help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Gloria

Re: Tabs opening in new window
Rob,
You are so right! I removed it and now it works just fine! Thanks so much.
(Scratching my head, trying to figure out how/why I did that in the first
place!!!)
Gloria

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Gloria,
>
> You have added one of your homepages to the Trusted Security Zone.
>
> You will either have to remove it from the trusted zone or add the other two
> homepages to the Trusted zone.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Gloria" <Gloria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I use IE7 on my office computer as well as 2 home computers. I have 3 tabs
> > open each time I start IE7. One is ABC News, the 2nd in gmail, and the 3rd
> > is
> > a Yahoo group. On one of the home computers it recently started opening
> > the
> > last 2 tabs in a new window (so that I have 2 sets of IE running). At
> > first I
> > was getting a message that, due to security, it needed to open a new tab.
> > Now
> > I occasionally get that message when I try to log on to a website, and it
> > will open a 3rd session of IE7. I'm running Vista on this computer;
> > however
> > I am also running Vista on my laptop and don't have the same problem. I've
> > checked Tools/Options/ to see if there is anything different in the
> > Security
> > or General settings between the 2 computers, and I can't see anything.
> > Any
> > help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

rob^_^

Re: Tabs opening in new window
It was an intuitive guess. I spend all day in a browser.

Some of your Addon toolbars like Google, Live and Yahoo, offer you options
to make their sites your homepages and also add their site to your Trusted
Sites zone so that you can easily access their mail portals.

You may have problems logging into your mail accounts from your homepages.
You may do better to add all of your homepages to your Trusted sites or just
use one homepage. Many of the new toolbars from Google, Live and Yahoo have
quiklinks or widgets to quickly access their services (mail, blog etc) from
a browser window without having to open a new window or tab.

Check you toolbar vendors for the latest versions of their toolbars. The
Live Suite from download.live.com is really good.