Problems after I Uninstalled SP3 for IE 7

Kiwi''s mom

Problems after I Uninstalled SP3 for IE 7
I wanted to return to using IE 7, so I uninstalled SP3. I immediately lost
my wireless connection to my laptop. Cannot figure out how to get it back.
Help!

Re: Problems after I Uninstalled SP3 for IE 7
Return to using IE7 from what (e.g., IE8 Beta)? Why did you uninstall WinXP
SP3?

Kiwi''s mom wrote:
> I wanted to return to using IE 7, so I uninstalled SP3. I immediately
> lost
> my wireless connection to my laptop. Cannot figure out how to get it
> back.
> Help!

Kiwi''''s mom

Re: Problems after I Uninstalled SP3 for IE 7
Yes I was using IE 8. I thought it was IE7 SP3, but the reason I did so was
because I found references from you (below**) to the fact that you could not
uninstall IE8 without uninstalling SP3 first.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Return to using IE7 from what (e.g., IE8 Beta)? Why did you uninstall WinXP
> SP3?
>
> Kiwi''s mom wrote:
> > I wanted to return to using IE 7, so I uninstalled SP3. I immediately
> > lost
> > my wireless connection to my laptop. Cannot figure out how to get it
> > back.
> > Help!

**
You will have to uninstall WinXP SP3 before you will be able to uninstall
IE8 Beta via Add/Remove Programs, Louis.

See http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...and-xpsp3.aspx

How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249
--
~PA Bear

SSG Louis Hough wrote:
> Yes- SP3 after IE 8
>
> XP has been on laptop for 3yrs without problems
>
> Was doing automatic updates. When I go to update history it shows update
> failures for everything after IE8
>
> Only update that has happened is SP3. Downlaoded to computer then launced
> it.

Re: Problems after I Uninstalled SP3 for IE 7
Unless you'd installed IE8 Beta and then installed WinXP SP3 (which you
neglected to mention in your first post), you took my July 2008 post in IE
Beta newsgroup entirely out of context, I'm afraid.

Link to thread:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xp=&sloc=en-us

If you had IE7 and SP3 installed when you installed IE8 Beta, simply
uninstalling IE8 Beta would have returned the machine to IE7. (There is no
"IE7 SP3" or SP2 or SP1.)

Back to your current problem:

1. Right-click on My Computer & select Properties: What WinXP version is
displayed here (e.g., WinXP SP2)?

2. Click on IE Help | about: What version of IE is displayed here (e.g.,
v7.0.5730.13)?

3. Can your laptop connect directly via your modem?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Kiwi''''s mom wrote:
> Yes I was using IE 8. I thought it was IE7 SP3, but the reason I did so
> was
> because I found references from you (below**) to the fact that you could
> not
> uninstall IE8 without uninstalling SP3 first.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Return to using IE7 from what (e.g., IE8 Beta)? Why did you uninstall
>> WinXP SP3?
>>
>> Kiwi''s mom wrote:
>>> I wanted to return to using IE 7, so I uninstalled SP3. I immediately
>>> lost
>>> my wireless connection to my laptop. Cannot figure out how to get it
>>> back.
>>> Help!

> **
> You will have to uninstall WinXP SP3 before you will be able to uninstall
> IE8 Beta via Add/Remove Programs, Louis.
>
> See http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...and-xpsp3.aspx
>
> How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249
>
> SSG Louis Hough wrote:
>> Yes- SP3 after IE 8
>>
>> XP has been on laptop for 3yrs without problems
>>
>> Was doing automatic updates. When I go to update history it shows update
>> failures for everything after IE8
>>
>> Only update that has happened is SP3. Downlaoded to computer then launced
>> it.

Kiwismom