Redirect Malware?

Tom461

Redirect Malware?
Cancel my earlier post. My IE7 is being redirected, sometimes apparently to
the link just below or above the one I clicked on in a list on a web page.
The occasional automatic closing of IE7 appears to be a consequence of a
redirect gone bad. I see a lot of online posts indicating that ordinary
spyware/malware does not catch redirect problems. What does Microsoft advise?

Re: Redirect Malware?
Always reply to your original thread, please, Tom.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Tom461 wrote:
> Cancel my earlier post. My IE7 is being redirected, sometimes apparently
> the link just below or above the one I clicked on in a list on a web page.
> The occasional automatic closing of IE7 appears to be a consequence of a
> redirect gone bad. I see a lot of online posts indicating that ordinary
> spyware/malware does not catch redirect problems. What does Microsoft
> advise?

Tom461

RE: Redirect Malware?
I just did, but it seems so pointless, since my original thread had a bad
title, due to my not understanding the problem initially. Whose rule is the
one you stated?

"Tom461" wrote:

> Cancel my earlier post. My IE7 is being redirected, sometimes apparently to
> the link just below or above the one I clicked on in a list on a web page.
> The occasional automatic closing of IE7 appears to be a consequence of a
> redirect gone bad. I see a lot of online posts indicating that ordinary
> spyware/malware does not catch redirect problems. What does Microsoft advise?

Leonard Grey

Re: Redirect Malware?
The "rule" of courtesy.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Tom461 wrote:
> I just did, but it seems so pointless, since my original thread had a bad
> title, due to my not understanding the problem initially. Whose rule is the
> one you stated?
>
> "Tom461" wrote:
>
>> Cancel my earlier post. My IE7 is being redirected, sometimes apparently to
>> the link just below or above the one I clicked on in a list on a web page.
>> The occasional automatic closing of IE7 appears to be a consequence of a
>> redirect gone bad. I see a lot of online posts indicating that ordinary
>> spyware/malware does not catch redirect problems. What does Microsoft advise?

Tom461

Re: Redirect Malware?
I thought it would be more courteous to put up a fresh post with a heading
that would accurately reflect my current problem. The original heading was
not clear or helpful. So why my new post discourteous, since it was a
clarification?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> The "rule" of courtesy.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Tom461 wrote:
> > I just did, but it seems so pointless, since my original thread had a bad
> > title, due to my not understanding the problem initially. Whose rule is the
> > one you stated?
> >
> > "Tom461" wrote:
> >
> >> Cancel my earlier post. My IE7 is being redirected, sometimes apparently to
> >> the link just below or above the one I clicked on in a list on a web page.
> >> The occasional automatic closing of IE7 appears to be a consequence of a
> >> redirect gone bad. I see a lot of online posts indicating that ordinary
> >> spyware/malware does not catch redirect problems. What does Microsoft advise?

Re: Redirect Malware?
Why did you reply to your post? (All the details are in your first thread,
I assume.)