Smooth Scrolling not working !

Andre

Smooth Scrolling not working !
Environment: XP, SP 3, MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0, Intellipoint 6.3
drivers.

When scrolling in IE 7, I get jerky screen scrolling. Smooth Scrolling has
been turned on.

With Firefox, it works perfectly!

When I had Vista it worked flawlessly.

Any ideas on how to address this ? Plenty of RAM 4Gig installed, 2.5
available.

Thanks

Andre

Re: Smooth Scrolling not working !
Make sure the wireless receiver is nowhere near anything electrical (e.g.,
router; modem; monitor; tower; desklamp).

Andre wrote:
> Environment: XP, SP 3, MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0, Intellipoint 6.3
> drivers.
>
> When scrolling in IE 7, I get jerky screen scrolling. Smooth Scrolling has
> been turned on.
>
> With Firefox, it works perfectly!
>
> When I had Vista it worked flawlessly.
>
> Any ideas on how to address this ? Plenty of RAM 4Gig installed, 2.5
> available.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andre

Andre

Re: Smooth Scrolling not working !
Thanks PA Bear,
If it was a receiver issue, would it not
effect operations in Firefox also ?

The receiver has been in the same place for over 5 years, previously without
any issues. I moved it to another USB port, still the same.

Andre

> Make sure the wireless receiver is nowhere near anything electrical (e.g.,
> router; modem; monitor; tower; desklamp).
>
> Andre wrote:
>> Environment: XP, SP 3, MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0, Intellipoint 6.3
>> drivers.
>>
>> When scrolling in IE 7, I get jerky screen scrolling. Smooth Scrolling
>> has
>> been turned on.
>>
>> With Firefox, it works perfectly!
>>
>> When I had Vista it worked flawlessly.
>>
>> Any ideas on how to address this ? Plenty of RAM 4Gig installed, 2.5
>> available.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Andre

Re: Smooth Scrolling not working !
Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3? Did you just install IE7
and/or SP3?

Andre wrote:
> If it was a receiver issue, would it not effect operations in Firefox also
> ?
>
> The receiver has been in the same place for over 5 years, previously
> without
> any issues. I moved it to another USB port, still the same.
>
>> Make sure the wireless receiver is nowhere near anything electrical
>> (e.g.,
>> router; modem; monitor; tower; desklamp).
>>
>> Andre wrote:
>>> Environment: XP, SP 3, MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0, Intellipoint
>>> 6.3
>>> drivers.
>>>
>>> When scrolling in IE 7, I get jerky screen scrolling. Smooth Scrolling
>>> has
>>> been turned on.
>>>
>>> With Firefox, it works perfectly!
>>>
>>> When I had Vista it worked flawlessly.
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how to address this ? Plenty of RAM 4Gig installed, 2.5
>>> available.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Andre

Andre

Re: Smooth Scrolling not working !
Just checked my MS Update, if updates are shown in true chronological order
(it does not display times, only dates) SP 3 was installed first followed
by IE7

> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3? Did you just install IE7
> and/or SP3?
>
> Andre wrote:
>> If it was a receiver issue, would it not effect operations in Firefox
>> also ?
>>
>> The receiver has been in the same place for over 5 years, previously
>> without
>> any issues. I moved it to another USB port, still the same.
>>
>>> Make sure the wireless receiver is nowhere near anything electrical
>>> (e.g.,
>>> router; modem; monitor; tower; desklamp).

Re: Smooth Scrolling not working !
Updates are not displayed in chronological order.

Is the REMOVE button available for "Windows Internet Explorer 7"?

Andre wrote:
> Just checked my MS Update, if updates are shown in true chronological
> order
> (it does not display times, only dates) SP 3 was installed first followed
> by IE7

>> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3? Did you just install IE7
>> and/or SP3?
>>
>> Andre wrote:
>>> If it was a receiver issue, would it not effect operations in Firefox
>>> also ?
>>>
>>> The receiver has been in the same place for over 5 years, previously
>>> without
>>> any issues. I moved it to another USB port, still the same.

Andre

Re: Smooth Scrolling not working !
I installed IE8 and now it scrolls properly again.