How can i use IE 6 in vista os or view sites require best at IE 6.

alvin_proteam

How can i use IE 6 in vista os or view sites require best at IE 6.
I have a urgent enquiry which need yr attention. My laptop is using vista
os-IE 7 and my daily work require lots of internet surfing and research plus
publishing of advertisements. Most of sites require best at IE 6.x which i
have difficulty doing my wk. Kindly assist and advise me in this technical
aspect. I appreciate yr prompt response greatly.

Leonard Grey

Re: How can i use IE 6 in vista os or view sites require best atIE 6.
IE 7 is part of the Windows Vista operating system. You cannot use an
earlier version of Internet Explorer with Windows Vista.

However, the boys and girls at Microsoft have a workaround...

"User Agent String Utility version 2"
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

alvin_proteam wrote:
> I have a urgent enquiry which need yr attention. My laptop is using vista
> os-IE 7 and my daily work require lots of internet surfing and research plus
> publishing of advertisements. Most of sites require best at IE 6.x which i
> have difficulty doing my wk. Kindly assist and advise me in this technical
> aspect. I appreciate yr prompt response greatly.

...winston

Re: How can i use IE 6 in vista os or view sites require best at IE 6.
IE7 is the minimum version available for use on Vista.
With IE8 on the horizon, you might ask the sites when they planning on upgrading.

You might wish to keep this in mind for future reference
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

"alvin_proteam" <alvin_proteam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a urgent enquiry which need yr attention. My laptop is using vista
> os-IE 7 and my daily work require lots of internet surfing and research plus
> publishing of advertisements. Most of sites require best at IE 6.x which i
> have difficulty doing my wk. Kindly assist and advise me in this technical
> aspect. I appreciate yr prompt response greatly.

VanguardLH

alvin_proteam wrote:

> I have a urgent enquiry which need yr attention. My laptop is using vista
> os-IE 7 and my daily work require lots of internet surfing and research plus
> publishing of advertisements. Most of sites require best at IE 6.x which i
> have difficulty doing my wk. Kindly assist and advise me in this technical
> aspect. I appreciate yr prompt response greatly.

Install VirtualPC 2007 or VMWare Server, both free. Then install a
non-Vista version of Windows in a guest. If you don't upgrade to IE7,
you will get IE6 with the installs of pre-Vista versions of Windows in
the virtual machine.