I'm at wits end. I recently just bought a brand new computer with Vista and
IE 7. I did an easy transfer from my old XP based PC to the new one. I am
having all sorts of problems with IE 7:
1) Won't go to my home page: www.comcast.com
- gives me "Internet Explorer
cannot display the webpage" error after trying for a minute or two.
2) Takes forever to go from page to page - often have to click on link two
or three times and/or hit refresh. Frequently get "Internet Explorer cannot
display the webpage"
3) Can't go to "insider" pages on one particular site though I can go to
"insider message board. Always get a pop-up window with error "Internet
Explorer cannot operate internet site: xxxxx. Operation Aborted."
4) Occasionally receiving message "Internet Explorer has stopped working.
Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." This usually ends up
with an "Internet Explorer is restarting" message.
I've tried resetting my cable connection and have turned it off and back on.
I have tried followed instructions to reconfigure my IE completely which
resulted in 47 updates but still to no avail.
Not sure what else to do except to completely give up on IE and go to
Mozilla. Thanks in advance for any help.