Problem with flash 10 add-on

Steve Smyth

Problem with flash 10 add-on
I don't know if this is a problem with IE 7 or adobe flash player 10 but
whenever I go to a site that uses flash eg crazymonkeygames.com or youtube
my IE will stop and report "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with
an add-on and needs to close" it the goes on to say that the add-on name is
Flash10b.ocx from Adobe Systems Incorporated then gives you the only option
to "Continue"
You then get the usual message that "Internet Explorer has encountered a
problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
I am running XP SP3 with IE 7.
I've Googled the problem and come up with lots of info but no solution that
works.
Please help

Steve Smyth

Leonard Grey

Re: Problem with flash 10 add-on
"How do I fix almost all Shockwave and Flash Player issues?"
http://www.shockwave.com/help/faq_fl...er.jsp#link1.1
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Steve Smyth wrote:
> I don't know if this is a problem with IE 7 or adobe flash player 10 but
> whenever I go to a site that uses flash eg crazymonkeygames.com or youtube
> my IE will stop and report "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with
> an add-on and needs to close" it the goes on to say that the add-on name is
> Flash10b.ocx from Adobe Systems Incorporated then gives you the only option
> to "Continue"
> You then get the usual message that "Internet Explorer has encountered a
> problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
> I am running XP SP3 with IE 7.
> I've Googled the problem and come up with lots of info but no solution that
> works.
> Please help
>
> Steve Smyth

Steve Smyth

Re: Problem with flash 10 add-on
Thanks Leonard
I think that has worked. I had downloaded the Flash uninstaller but nothing
I had read mentioned the shockwave uninstaller.
Thanks for your help

Steve Smyth
> "How do I fix almost all Shockwave and Flash Player issues?"
> http://www.shockwave.com/help/faq_fl...er.jsp#link1.1
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Steve Smyth wrote:
>> I don't know if this is a problem with IE 7 or adobe flash player 10 but
>> whenever I go to a site that uses flash eg crazymonkeygames.com or
>> youtube my IE will stop and report "Internet Explorer has encountered a
>> problem with an add-on and needs to close" it the goes on to say that the
>> add-on name is Flash10b.ocx from Adobe Systems Incorporated then gives
>> you the only option to "Continue"
>> You then get the usual message that "Internet Explorer has encountered a
>> problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
>> I am running XP SP3 with IE 7.
>> I've Googled the problem and come up with lots of info but no solution
>> that works.
>> Please help
>>
>> Steve Smyth

Leonard Grey

Re: Problem with flash 10 add-on
Glad to help. Hope it all works out.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Steve Smyth wrote:
> Thanks Leonard
> I think that has worked. I had downloaded the Flash uninstaller but nothing
> I had read mentioned the shockwave uninstaller.
> Thanks for your help
>
> Steve Smyth
>> "How do I fix almost all Shockwave and Flash Player issues?"
>> http://www.shockwave.com/help/faq_fl...er.jsp#link1.1
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Steve Smyth wrote:
>>> I don't know if this is a problem with IE 7 or adobe flash player 10 but
>>> whenever I go to a site that uses flash eg crazymonkeygames.com or
>>> youtube my IE will stop and report "Internet Explorer has encountered a
>>> problem with an add-on and needs to close" it the goes on to say that the
>>> add-on name is Flash10b.ocx from Adobe Systems Incorporated then gives
>>> you the only option to "Continue"
>>> You then get the usual message that "Internet Explorer has encountered a
>>> problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
>>> I am running XP SP3 with IE 7.
>>> I've Googled the problem and come up with lots of info but no solution
>>> that works.
>>> Please help
>>>
>>> Steve Smyth

Steve Smyth

Re: Problem with flash 10 add-on
Sorry folks
I was a bit premature it's still the same. I did everything to the letter in
http://www.shockwave.com/help/faq_fl...er.jsp#link1.1
but it still crashes. BTW if I don't restart my PC after the error message
and go back and start playing again then instead of giving me the error
message it just restarts my PC
It's driving me mad

Steve
> Glad to help. Hope it all works out.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Steve Smyth wrote:
>> Thanks Leonard
>> I think that has worked. I had downloaded the Flash uninstaller but
>> nothing I had read mentioned the shockwave uninstaller.
>> Thanks for your help
>>
>> Steve Smyth
>> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> "How do I fix almost all Shockwave and Flash Player issues?"
>>> http://www.shockwave.com/help/faq_fl...er.jsp#link1.1
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

Donald Anadell

"Steve Smyth" <nottlesNOS@PAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry folks
> I was a bit premature it's still the same. I did everything to the letter
> in http://www.shockwave.com/help/faq_fl...er.jsp#link1.1
> but it still crashes. BTW if I don't restart my PC after the error message
> and go back and start playing again then instead of giving me the error
> message it just restarts my PC
> It's driving me mad

Here are three possible solutions to your problem, work them in order 1 thru
3.
Note: If you are uncomfortable performing any of the Steps in Solution 1 or
Solution 2, then move directly to Solution 3.

Solution 1

Manual Uninstall||Reinstall of Flash Player

Download the following two files and save them to your Desktop

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

Now disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real-Time
Secruity Application(s) running in the background on your machine.
Now run the Uninstaller file from the Desktop to completely remove the Flash
Player from your System.
Now run the Installer file from the Desktop to reinstall the latest version
of the Flash Player.

Test the results, if no joy move on to possible Solution 2.

Solution 2

Registry Permission problems

It's possible that you have a Registry Permissions problem that is
preventing the Flash Player from installing properly. Follow the directions
at the following Adobe site for resetting your Registry Permissions:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=1

After completing steps 1 thru 8 for fixing your registry permissions, the go
back to and follow the steps in Solution 1.

Test your results, if no joy the move to possible Solution 3.

Solution 3

Adobe offers free email support(via a Web Case) for Flash Player
installation problems, you might turn there next:

1. Go to the Adobe Support Portal:
http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal/

2. When you get to the Support Portal page, click on the Button that says:
"Create an Account"

3. Once you've created an account with Adobe and you're logged in to that
Account, at the bottom of the page use the selector to select:
"Installation Help"

4. In the 'Choose product' category put a tick in the radial next to:
"Additional products"

5. From the selection menu select:
"Adobe Flash Player"

6. Now click the button that says "Continue"

You will taken to a page entitled:
"Create a support case"

7. Here you can type your support request and send it to Adobe

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Steve
>> Glad to help. Hope it all works out.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Steve Smyth wrote:
>>> Thanks Leonard
>>> I think that has worked. I had downloaded the Flash uninstaller but
>>> nothing I had read mentioned the shockwave uninstaller.
>>> Thanks for your help
>>>
>>> Steve Smyth

Steve Smyth

Re: Problem with flash 10 add-on
Hi Donald
1). Made no difference
2). Seems to be working but I'm not going to jump up & down with joy just
yet. But thanks for time and effort you've taken to help me

Cheers
Steve

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> [...]

> Solution 3
>
> Adobe offers free email support(via a Web Case) for Flash Player
> installation problems, you might turn there next:
>
> 1. Go to the Adobe Support Portal:
> http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal/
>
> 2. When you get to the Support Portal page, click on the Button that says:
> "Create an Account"
>
> 3. Once you've created an account with Adobe and you're logged in to that
> Account, at the bottom of the page use the selector to select:
> "Installation Help"
>
> 4. In the 'Choose product' category put a tick in the radial next to:
> "Additional products"
>
> 5. From the selection menu select:
> "Adobe Flash Player"
>
> 6. Now click the button that says "Continue"
>
> You will taken to a page entitled:
> "Create a support case"
>
> 7. Here you can type your support request and send it to Adobe

Steve Smyth

Re: Problem with flash 10 add-on
Sorry I forgot to add
In the mean time I downloaded Firefox and guess what, it crashes also
blaming the flash add-on NPSWF32.dll.

Steve