IE7 add-on help

hl78

IE7 add-on help
I've noticed a couple of add-ons with the following type of names -
(3f45de-9e22- and another one. They are Browser extensions.
Is there anyway I can find out what this is? If I disable these how can I
get it off my computer?
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 with all the secuirty udates.

Thanks
Donald Anadell

Re: IE7 add-on help

"hl78" <hl78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've noticed a couple of add-ons with the following type of names -
> (3f45de-9e22- and another one. They are Browser extensions.

> Is there anyway I can find out what this is?

Hard to guess what they might be since you only gave an abriviated
"Name"(and only for one item) and the "Type" Browser Extension.

Without the full Name, Publisher, Status, Type, and File(.dll, .ocx) it
would only be guess work. Have you tried Googling using the full Name of
the Browser Extension or the File name associated with it as the search
criteria?

> If I disable these how can I
> get it off my computer?

Usually by uninstalling the software program that added the Browser
Extension.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 with all the secuirty udates.
>
> Thanks

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 add-on help
Hi,
Search for info on the add-on via live.com, google.com or another search
engine.

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"hl78" <hl78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've noticed a couple of add-ons with the following type of names -
> (3f45de-9e22- and another one. They are Browser extensions.
> Is there anyway I can find out what this is? If I disable these how can I
> get it off my computer?
> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 with all the secuirty udates.
>
> Thanks

hl78

Re: IE7 add-on help
Thanks Donald and Don

Here are the exact add-ons
(925dab62-f9ac-4221-806a-057bfb101raa)
(f72a7b0e-0dd8-11d1-bd6f-00aa00b9zaf1)

Sorry I did not post this earlier. I searched the internet and it seems most
of the people ran - hijack this.
It shows that the (925dab62.... entry is for an "extra button". There is
nothing so far on eliminating it or telling me what it is.
I'll keep looking.

I'm still looking for the (f72a7b0e entry.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Search for info on the add-on via live.com, google.com or another search
> engine.
>
> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "hl78" <hl78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've noticed a couple of add-ons with the following type of names -
> > (3f45de-9e22- and another one. They are Browser extensions.
> > Is there anyway I can find out what this is? If I disable these how can I
> > get it off my computer?
> > I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 with all the secuirty udates.
> >
> > Thanks

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE7 add-on help
hl78 wrote:

> I've noticed a couple of add-ons with the following type of names -
> (3f45de-9e22- and another one. They are Browser extensions.
> Is there anyway I can find out what this is? If I disable these how can I
> get it off my computer?
> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 with all the secuirty udates.
>
> Thanks

Try ToolbarCop (freeware): http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
"Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolbands, Toolbar icons and
Browser Helper Objects".

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

hl78

Re: IE7 add-on help
Thanks. I ran Toolbarcop and they are "n/a nams & filenames". I get an error
when I try and "X" them away. That may be because I'm running Vista not XP.
Do u know of a way I can get rid of them without going into the registry?

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:

> hl78 wrote:
>
> > I've noticed a couple of add-ons with the following type of names -
> > (3f45de-9e22- and another one. They are Browser extensions.
> > Is there anyway I can find out what this is? If I disable these how can I
> > get it off my computer?
> > I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 with all the secuirty udates.
> >
> > Thanks

> Try ToolbarCop (freeware): http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
> "Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolbands, Toolbar icons and
> Browser Helper Objects".
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

hl78

Re: IE7 add-on help
Forget my last post. I ran it as an admin and that got rid of it. Thanks for
your help.

hl78 wrote:

> Forget my last post. I ran it as an admin and that got rid of it. Thanks
> for your help.

YW. Glad to help and thank you for your feedback.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo