not able to open new e-mail

sflint

not able to open new e-mail
This evening I tried to open new mail, but I got a message saying that
maintenance was taking place and it said that if it lasted more than one hour
I should inform Microsoft. That was seven hours ago and I still have not
been able to find where to properly express my frustration, nor have I been
able to open any new mail. I can send mail and open old mail. Fortunately
there seems to be nothing critical, but it would be nice if one were given
the consideration of prior warning of an curtailment, of having some idea of
the duration, and be given some place where one might get a straight answer
to a simple question that does not fit into the preprogrammed FAQ's.
Leonard Grey

Re: not able to open new e-mail
How should we find out what e-mail program you are using?

In what way is this a question about Internet Explorer? IE is a web
browser, not an e-mail program.

Mail servers do occasionally require maintenance and that maintenance
can sometimes need many hours to complete.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> How should we find out what e-mail program you are using?
>
> In what way is this a question about Internet Explorer? IE is a web
> browser, not an e-mail program.
>
> Mail servers do occasionally require maintenance and that maintenance
> can sometimes need many hours to complete.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> sflint wrote:
> > This evening I tried to open new mail, but I got a message saying that
> > maintenance was taking place and it said that if it lasted more than one hour
> > I should inform Microsoft. That was seven hours ago and I still have not
> > been able to find where to properly express my frustration, nor have I been
> > able to open any new mail. I can send mail and open old mail. Fortunately
> > there seems to be nothing critical, but it would be nice if one were given
> > the consideration of prior warning of an curtailment, of having some idea of
> > the duration, and be given some place where one might get a straight answer
> > to a simple question that does not fit into the preprogrammed FAQ's.

I am paying for the right to use Windows hotmail - and yes, I understand
that maintenance must be done! My concern is that were I needing to rely on
this sevice for critical, or even moderatly important, communication then I'd
be SOL. A little prior warning so that I could plan ahead, or an idea of the
duration of the outage might be a considerate gesture for customers/users.
VanguardLH

Re: not able to open new e-mail
sflint wrote:

> This evening I tried to open new mail, but I got a message saying that
> maintenance was taking place and it said that if it lasted more than one hour
> I should inform Microsoft. That was seven hours ago and I still have not
> been able to find where to properly express my frustration, nor have I been
> able to open any new mail. I can send mail and open old mail. Fortunately
> there seems to be nothing critical, but it would be nice if one were given
> the consideration of prior warning of an curtailment, of having some idea of
> the duration, and be given some place where one might get a straight answer
> to a simple question that does not fit into the preprogrammed FAQ's.

So we are to GUESS that you are using a Hotmail account. Other users
have reported an outage at Hotmail and one person quoted a notice from
Microsoft that they are undergoing maintenance but only says to send
feedback using the included link if the outage is more than an hour.
Well, when the river rises, sometimes you underestimate how many
sandbags you need. Outages at Hotmail could be an hour, a day, or
several days. I suppose you could ask for a pro-rated refund on your
paid Hotmail account.

Re: not able to open new e-mail
Temporary Hotmail outage (12 Mar-09 &ff)
http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.c...59!36006.entry

Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new & replaces all newsgroup & email format
support)
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums <=post here instead!
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/