IE7 chrashes

Carlo T.

IE7 chrashes
When I tried to register to epass Canada, to access an official Canadian
Government online service, IE7 on Vista crashes.
I get this the following information.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918f11
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 048eeec0
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

If I choose to “close the application” I get an info telling me that DEP
(Data Execution Prevention) has closed IE, even though DEP is disabled for IE.

All add-ons on IE7 are disabled except, for Java’s and Microsoft’s.

By running IE in no Adds-on mode, I am able to go a little further: I am
told that Java applet was unable to load, which is consistent to the fact
that Java was not running.
Please note that my software combination (Vista-IE 7 and Java 1.6.0_3, or
1.6.07) is supported by epass Canada.
The same situation happens when I try to access an online banking service
for which I have a certificate.

Some idea why this happens?

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 chrashes
Hi,
Probably won't help, but clear the Java cache (Temporary Internet Files)
from Control Panel> Java> General and clear the IE Temporary Internet Files.

What third-party security programs are running? Do the problems persist if
you enable browser add-ons, enable the Windows Firewall and disable any
third-party antivirus, firewall, security suite, etc? Do this *only* long
enough to test the affected sites.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Carlo T." <Carlo T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I tried to register to epass Canada, to access an official Canadian
> Government online service, IE7 on Vista crashes.
> I get this the following information.
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BEX
> Application Name: iexplore.exe
> Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
> Application Timestamp: 47918f11
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Offset: 048eeec0
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Data: 00000008
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: fd00
> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> Additional Information 3: fd00
> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>
> If I choose to “close the application” I get an info telling me that

DEP
> (Data Execution Prevention) has closed IE, even though DEP is disabled for

IE.

> All add-ons on IE7 are disabled except, for Java’s and Microsoft’s.
>
> By running IE in no Adds-on mode, I am able to go a little further: I am
> told that Java applet was unable to load, which is consistent to the fact
> that Java was not running.
> Please note that my software combination (Vista-IE 7 and Java 1.6.0_3, or
> 1.6.07) is supported by epass Canada.
> The same situation happens when I try to access an online banking service
> for which I have a certificate.
>
> Some idea why this happens?

Carlo T.

Re: IE7 chrashes
Thanks for the suggestions, Don, which I already tried, unsuccessfully.
In the meantime I run ToolbarCop, where I found some suspicious infos:
- Toolbar: (Empty) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (empty) -
Enabled - Current User (??)
- BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
- C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll - Enabled - All Users (??)
- Run - Startup: Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009 - - c:\program
files\uniblue\registrybooster\StartRegistryBooster .exe - Enabled - Current
User (this application was uninstalled some time ago - c:\program
files\uniblue\registrybooster folder does not exist)
- Run - Startup: ehTray.exe - - C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe - Enabled -
Current User (??)

In 'List of running Processes'
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe (C:\Windows\ehome folder does not exist)

If I try to delete them, they don’t get deleted. I was wondering if
ToolbarCop is safe to be used under Vista.
Carlo T.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Probably won't help, but clear the Java cache (Temporary Internet Files)
> from Control Panel> Java> General and clear the IE Temporary Internet Files.
>
> What third-party security programs are running? Do the problems persist if
> you enable browser add-ons, enable the Windows Firewall and disable any
> third-party antivirus, firewall, security suite, etc? Do this *only* long
> enough to test the affected sites.
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Carlo T." <Carlo T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I tried to register to epass Canada, to access an official Canadian
> > Government online service, IE7 on Vista crashes.
> > I get this the following information.
> >
> > Problem signature:
> > Problem Event Name: BEX
> > Application Name: iexplore.exe
> > Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
> > Application Timestamp: 47918f11
> > Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00
> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> > Exception Offset: 048eeec0
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Data: 00000008
> > OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
> > Locale ID: 1033
> > Additional Information 1: fd00
> > Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> > Additional Information 3: fd00
> > Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> >
> > If I choose to “close the application” I get an info telling me that

> DEP
> > (Data Execution Prevention) has closed IE, even though DEP is disabled for

> IE.
> >
> > All add-ons on IE7 are disabled except, for Java’s and Microsoft’s.
> >
> > By running IE in no Adds-on mode, I am able to go a little further: I am
> > told that Java applet was unable to load, which is consistent to the fact
> > that Java was not running.
> > Please note that my software combination (Vista-IE 7 and Java 1.6.0_3, or
> > 1.6.07) is supported by epass Canada.
> > The same situation happens when I try to access an online banking service
> > for which I have a certificate.
> >
> > Some idea why this happens?

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 chrashes
Hi,
> - Toolbar: (Empty) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (empty)

Google toolbar. Uninstall the toolbar, for now.

> - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object -

{CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
> - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll -

Dell/Google search. Disable the browser add-ons for now.

ehtray.exe is from Microsoft Media Center. Don't try to remove it.

Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
Do the problems go away?

> [...]

> > > If I choose to “close the application” I get an info

telling me that
> > DEP
> > > (Data Execution Prevention) has closed IE, even though DEP is disabled

for
> > IE.
> > >
> > > All add-ons on IE7 are disabled except, for Java’s and

Microsoft’s.

> > > By running IE in no Adds-on mode, I am able to go a little further: I

am
> > > told that Java applet was unable to load, which is consistent to the

fact
> > > that Java was not running.
> > > Please note that my software combination (Vista-IE 7 and Java 1.6.0_3,

or
> > > 1.6.07) is supported by epass Canada.
> > > The same situation happens when I try to access an online banking

Carlo T.

Re: IE7 chrashes
Hi,
1
Toolbar: (Empty) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (empty):
ToolbarCop is not able to unistall it.
2
- BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
- C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll - ToolbarCop is not able to disable it.
3
Internet Explorer without add-ons runs fine, but I cannot log into ePass
canada, because it needs Java.
Carlo T.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> > - Toolbar: (Empty) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (empty)

> Google toolbar. Uninstall the toolbar, for now.
>
> > - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object -

> {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
> > - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll -

> Dell/Google search. Disable the browser add-ons for now.
>
> ehtray.exe is from Microsoft Media Center. Don't try to remove it.
>
> Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> Do the problems go away?
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Carlo T." <CarloT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the suggestions, Don, which I already tried, unsuccessfully.
> > In the meantime I run ToolbarCop, where I found some suspicious infos:
> > - Toolbar: (Empty) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (empty) -
> > Enabled - Current User (??)
> > - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object -

> {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
> > - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll - Enabled - All Users (??)
> > - Run - Startup: Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009 - - c:\program
> > files\uniblue\registrybooster\StartRegistryBooster .exe - Enabled - Current
> > User (this application was uninstalled some time ago - c:\program
> > files\uniblue\registrybooster folder does not exist)
> > - Run - Startup: ehTray.exe - - C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe - Enabled -
> > Current User (??)
> >
> > In 'List of running Processes'
> > C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe (C:\Windows\ehome folder does not exist)
> >
> > If I try to delete them, they don’t get deleted. I was wondering if
> > ToolbarCop is safe to be used under Vista.
> > Carlo T.

> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Probably won't help, but clear the Java cache (Temporary Internet Files)
> > > from Control Panel> Java> General and clear the IE Temporary Internet

> Files.
> > >
> > > What third-party security programs are running? Do the problems persist

> if
> > > you enable browser add-ons, enable the Windows Firewall and disable any
> > > third-party antivirus, firewall, security suite, etc? Do this *only*

> long
> > > enough to test the affected sites.

> > > "Carlo T." <Carlo T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Canadian

> telling me that
> > > DEP

> for
> > > IE.

> Microsoft’s.

> am

> fact

> or

> service

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 chrashes
Hi,
> Toolbar: (Empty) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (empty):
> ToolbarCop is not able to unistall it.

Uninstall the Google toolbar from Control Panel> Programs and features.

> - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object -

{CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
> - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll - ToolbarCop is not able to disable it.

Disable this (bae.dll) from IE> Tools> Manage add-ons.

> Internet Explorer without add-ons runs fine, but I cannot log into ePass
> canada, because it needs Java.

Sorry, I forgot about that. ;-)

Try placing the site in Trusted Sites. While displaying the epass page, IE>
Tools> Internet Options> Security> Trusted Sites> Sites> Add this website...
> uncheck "Require server verification"

Are you running a third-party firewall, antivirus or security suite?

> Hi,
> 1
> Toolbar: (Empty) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (empty):
> ToolbarCop is not able to unistall it.
> 2
> - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object -

{CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
> - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll - ToolbarCop is not able to disable it.
> 3
> Internet Explorer without add-ons runs fine, but I cannot log into ePass
> canada, because it needs Java.
> Carlo T.

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
> > Hi,
> > > - Toolbar: (Empty) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (empty)

> > Google toolbar. Uninstall the toolbar, for now.
> >
> > > - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object -

> > {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
> > > - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll -

> > Dell/Google search. Disable the browser add-ons for now.
> >
> > ehtray.exe is from Microsoft Media Center. Don't try to remove it.
> >
> > Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> > Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> > or
> > Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> > Do the problems go away?

> > "Carlo T." <CarloT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for the suggestions, Don, which I already tried,

unsuccessfully.
> > > In the meantime I run ToolbarCop, where I found some suspicious infos:
> > > - Toolbar: (Empty) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} -

(empty) -
> > > Enabled - Current User (??)
> > > - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object -

> > {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
> > > - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll - Enabled - All Users (??)
> > > - Run - Startup: Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009 - - c:\program
> > > files\uniblue\registrybooster\StartRegistryBooster .exe - Enabled -

Current
> > > User (this application was uninstalled some time ago - c:\program
> > > files\uniblue\registrybooster folder does not exist)
> > > - Run - Startup: ehTray.exe - - C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe -

Enabled -
> > > Current User (??)
> > >
> > > In 'List of running Processes'
> > > C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe (C:\Windows\ehome folder does not exist)
> > >
> > > If I try to delete them, they don’t get deleted. I was

wondering if
> > > ToolbarCop is safe to be used under Vista.
> > > Carlo T.

Files)

Internet
> > Files.

persist
> > if

any

> > long

> > Canadian

application” I get an info
> > telling me that

disabled
> > for IE.

Java’s and
> > Microsoft’s.

further: I
> > am

the
> > fact that Java was not running.

1.6.0_3,
> > or

> > service for which I have a certificate.

Carlo T.

Re: IE7 chrashes
Hi,
1
Google toolbar is nowhere to be seen in Control Panel> Programs and features.
2
BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object (bae.dll) is already disabled in IE> Tools>
Manage add-ons, though ToolbarCoop shows that it is enabled and that it
cannot be disabled.
3
The https page cannot be accessed: IE7 crashes right there. So it is
impossible to put it in the Trusted Sites list.
Carlo T.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> [...]

> > 2
> > - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object -

> {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
> > - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll - ToolbarCop is not able to disable it.
> > 3
> > Internet Explorer without add-ons runs fine, but I cannot log into ePass
> > canada, because it needs Java.
> > Carlo T.

> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Google toolbar. Uninstall the toolbar, for now.

> > > {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
> > >
> > > Dell/Google search. Disable the browser add-ons for now.
> > >
> > > ehtray.exe is from Microsoft Media Center. Don't try to remove it.
> > >
> > > Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> > > Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> > > or
> > > Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)

Carlo T.

Re: IE7 chrashes
Hi,
Some E.C.
3
At the end I was able to put that htpps: page into the Trusted Sites list,
with no avail though. Identical situation as before: IE7 crashes with the
typical DEP message.
Carlo T.
Don Varnau

Re: IE7 chrashes
Hi,
Are you running a third-party firewall, antivirus or security suite?

Is the Windows Firewall enabled?

Is Windows Defender running and automatically updated- definition files?

> [...]

> > Sorry, I forgot about that. ;-)
> >
> > Try placing the site in Trusted Sites. While displaying the epass page,

> > Tools> Internet Options> Security> Trusted Sites> Sites> Add this

website...
> > > uncheck "Require server verification"

> > Are you running a third-party firewall, antivirus or security suite?

> > "Carlo T." <CarloT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > 1
> > > Toolbar: (Empty) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (empty):
> > > ToolbarCop is not able to unistall it.
> > > 2
> > > - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object -

> > {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
> > > - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll - ToolbarCop is not able to disable it.
> > > 3
> > > Internet Explorer without add-ons runs fine, but I cannot log into

Carlo T.

Re: IE7 chrashes
Hi,
I run Norton Internet Security with its firewall on.
Windows Firewall is off.
Windows Defender is on, and it automatically updates the definition files.
Carlo T.