oe not an option in program internet options

Joe from florida

oe not an option in program internet options
IE internet email option is set for Outlook. I want to change it to OE, but
that choice is not an option. How do I change from Outlook to OE?

Thanks
Joe
Bruce Hagen

Re: oe not an option in program internet options
Make OE the default e-mail client:
http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx

For links in e-mail:
http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx

And:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

Restores OE to the E-mail clients list in Internet Options
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/oe_client.htm

If you have MS Outlook installed, also see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#13

"Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

Multiple browser windows open when you click on a mailto: link:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/MailtoProtocol.htm
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Joe from florida" <Joefromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:02A3610F-984A-405A-895E-529CC92DCA34@microsoft.com...
> IE internet email option is set for Outlook. I want to change it to OE,
> but
> that choice is not an option. How do I change from Outlook to OE?
>
> Thanks
> Joe

VanguardLH

Joe from florida wrote:

> IE internet email option is set for Outlook. I want to change it to OE, but
> that choice is not an option. How do I change from Outlook to OE?

We are to guess WHICH version of Windows that you are using? Might it
be Windows Vista? Outlook Express (because support was discontinued
back in 2002) was debundled with Internet Explorer as of version 7.
Vista comes with IE7 so OE is not included. On Vista, you use the
Windows Mail e-mail client, get the Windows Live Mail client (a
replacement for OE), or use a 3rd party e-mail client, like Outlook,
Thunderbird, Pegasus, Eudora, etc.
Joe from florida

Re: oe not an option in program internet options
Thanks for your help. I downloaded the script to restore oe to client list.
Worked great. Thanks again. I was using Windows XP with IE 7.

Joe

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Make OE the default e-mail client:
> http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx
>
> For links in e-mail:
> http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx
>
> And:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
>
> Restores OE to the E-mail clients list in Internet Options
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/oe_client.htm
>
> If you have MS Outlook installed, also see:
> http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#13
>
> "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
>
> Multiple browser windows open when you click on a mailto: link:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/MailtoProtocol.htm
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Joe from florida" <Joefromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:02A3610F-984A-405A-895E-529CC92DCA34@microsoft.com...
> > IE internet email option is set for Outlook. I want to change it to OE,
> > but
> > that choice is not an option. How do I change from Outlook to OE?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Joe

Bruce Hagen

Re: oe not an option in program internet options
You're welcome.
--

message news:C6C4EB89-1960-48CB-B787-11C07C9C17A0@microsoft.com...