IE goes down

Aeneas

IE goes down
When working with Internet Explorer (IE 7 with Windows Vista) the frame
frequently freezes and fades and then dies. I get a message saying "Internet
Explorer is trying to solve the problem". In a few seconds IE comes back but
in the meantime I lose the websites I have been working on. Is this an
identifible problem? Is there an easy cure?
Sven Pran

Re: IE goes down

"Aeneas" <Aeneas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When working with Internet Explorer (IE 7 with Windows Vista) the frame
> frequently freezes and fades and then dies. I get a message saying
> "Internet
> Explorer is trying to solve the problem". In a few seconds IE comes back
> but
> in the meantime I lose the websites I have been working on. Is this an
> identifible problem? Is there an easy cure?

Make sure you have Flash player version 10.0.22.87
If you have any earlier version (e.g. 10.0.12.36) then that is the likely
cause of your problem.

regards Sven

Leonard Grey

Re: IE goes down
Problems can result when add-ons you have installed are damaged or
conflict with Internet Explorer.

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Aeneas wrote:
> When working with Internet Explorer (IE 7 with Windows Vista) the frame
> frequently freezes and fades and then dies. I get a message saying "Internet
> Explorer is trying to solve the problem". In a few seconds IE comes back but
> in the meantime I lose the websites I have been working on. Is this an
> identifible problem? Is there an easy cure?

Mauricio Silva

Re: IE goes down

I have a similar problem when I open any Internet Explorer window. It hangs
forever with the message "Waiting for <website>" and I am forced to kill the
session. I can only open a new IE window if I click on it on the FIRST SECOND
after the window is forced closed, if I wait more, it hangs again with the
same message.

Mauricio Silva