IE7 Magnifier

Denise

IE7 Magnifier
Hi,

Since you answered my last question so well, I thought that I'd ask another
one, as I used the feature often.

I have Windows XP Pro x64, SP2.

Since I formatted my pc a few days ago, the IE magnifier that was in the
lower right hand corner of the IE bar is no longer there. Can you tell me
how I can get it back?

--
Denise

Denise

RE: IE7 Magnifier
Sorry about the double post. I received a message that there was a problem
and it didn't post (paraphrasing), so I posted it again.
--
Denise

Donald Anadell

Re: IE7 Magnifier

"Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Since you answered my last question so well, I thought that I'd ask
> another
> one, as I used the feature often.
>
> I have Windows XP Pro x64, SP2.
>
> Since I formatted my pc a few days ago, the IE magnifier that was in the
> lower right hand corner of the IE bar is no longer there. Can you tell me
> how I can get it back?

Are you sure you have the Status Bar enabled?

View||Status Bar

Make sure it's checkmarked.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> --
> Denise

Denise

Re: IE7 Magnifier
Hi Donald . . . thanks for responding. The status bar is checked. On the
right side, it says Internet and a square box has a green check mark on it.
The left side says Done. I also don't have the phishing filter. These items
used to automatically put there when I've formatted in the past without
changing any settings. I don't know what happened this time.
--
Denise

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since you answered my last question so well, I thought that I'd ask
> > another
> > one, as I used the feature often.
> >
> > I have Windows XP Pro x64, SP2.
> >
> > Since I formatted my pc a few days ago, the IE magnifier that was in the
> > lower right hand corner of the IE bar is no longer there. Can you tell me
> > how I can get it back?

> Are you sure you have the Status Bar enabled?
>
> View||Status Bar
>
> Make sure it's checkmarked.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > --
> > Denise

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 Magnifier
Hi,
Reinstalling XP SP2 reinstalled IE6. Zoom is a feature of IE7 & IE8. What's
your version of Internet Explorer in IE> Help> About?

IE 7 Downloads:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx

Important information regarding the installation of IE7:
Known issues - Installation tips - IE7:
http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Since you answered my last question so well, I thought that I'd ask

another
> one, as I used the feature often.
>
> I have Windows XP Pro x64, SP2.
>
> Since I formatted my pc a few days ago, the IE magnifier that was in the
> lower right hand corner of the IE bar is no longer there. Can you tell me
> how I can get it back?
>
> Denise

Denise

Re: IE7 Magnifier
Hi Don,

I have IE7 installed. I just realized, though, that the IE7 wasn't put on
my desktop and I'd been using the 32-bit version, not the x64 version. Once
I found the icon for the x64 version, I put the 32-bit version icon in my
"Programs & Utilities" folder and put the x64 version icon in my taskbar, so
I'm getting the magnifier now.

I downloaded and installed IE8 yesterday but I can't find an icon for it,
not even in the installation folder. Could it be because I have XP Pro x64?
--
Denise

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Reinstalling XP SP2 reinstalled IE6. Zoom is a feature of IE7 & IE8. What's
> your version of Internet Explorer in IE> Help> About?
>
> IE 7 Downloads:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx
>
> Important information regarding the installation of IE7:
> Known issues - Installation tips - IE7:
> http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since you answered my last question so well, I thought that I'd ask

> another
> > one, as I used the feature often.
> >
> > I have Windows XP Pro x64, SP2.
> >
> > Since I formatted my pc a few days ago, the IE magnifier that was in the
> > lower right hand corner of the IE bar is no longer there. Can you tell me
> > how I can get it back?
> >
> > Denise

Don Varnau

Re: IE7 Magnifier
Hi,
If you downloaded the X64 version of IE8 RC1, 64 bit IE8 RC1 should have
replaced 64 bit IE7. What version(s) of iexplore.exe are in Program Files>
Internet Explorer?

I'm not sure which version of IE the Fix it button at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945402 will use for the desktop icon, but
you should be able to use one of the "fix it myself" options to get the
proper icon.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

> Hi Don,
>
> I have IE7 installed. I just realized, though, that the IE7 wasn't put on
> my desktop and I'd been using the 32-bit version, not the x64 version.

Once
> I found the icon for the x64 version, I put the 32-bit version icon in my
> "Programs & Utilities" folder and put the x64 version icon in my taskbar,

so
> I'm getting the magnifier now.
>
> I downloaded and installed IE8 yesterday but I can't find an icon for it,
> not even in the installation folder. Could it be because I have XP Pro

x64?

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Reinstalling XP SP2 reinstalled IE6. Zoom is a feature of IE7 & IE8.

What's
> > your version of Internet Explorer in IE> Help> About?
> >
> > IE 7 Downloads:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx
> >
> > Important information regarding the installation of IE7:
> > Known issues - Installation tips - IE7:
> > http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html

> > "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Since you answered my last question so well, I thought that I'd ask

> > another
> > > one, as I used the feature often.
> > >
> > > I have Windows XP Pro x64, SP2.
> > >
> > > Since I formatted my pc a few days ago, the IE magnifier that was in

the
> > > lower right hand corner of the IE bar is no longer there. Can you

tell me
> > > how I can get it back?
> > >
> > > Denise

Denise

Re: IE7 Magnifier
In properties, it shows that I have version 7.0.6000.16791 of both IE7 and
IE8 but they're in separate folders. I have an IE7 folder and an IE8 folder.
Both of them are hidden folders.

When I tried to uninstall IE8 since it's not really installed even though
all the files are in the IE8 folder, I received a message that said, "This
application has failed to start because UPDSPAPI.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem." So I'll give it another
shot.
--
Denise