Slow Response - Internet Explorer 7

CharlieB

Slow Response - Internet Explorer 7
1. Links within E-Mails (Outlook 2007) take approximately 2 minutes to open.

2. When I close IE it advises that it has experienced a probem and must
shut down.

Please advise on how to rectify these problems.

Have a great day.
Leonard Grey

Re: Slow Response - Internet Explorer 7
Any idea what version of Windows you have (including thr service pack)?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

CharlieB wrote:
> 1. Links within E-Mails (Outlook 2007) take approximately 2 minutes to open.
>
> 2. When I close IE it advises that it has experienced a probem and must
> shut down.
>
> Please advise on how to rectify these problems.
>
> Have a great day.

CharlieB

Re: Slow Response - Internet Explorer 7
Leonard - good evening,
Sorry for the dealy in respoonse.
I have IE 7 - SP3

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Any idea what version of Windows you have (including thr service pack)?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> CharlieB wrote:
> > 1. Links within E-Mails (Outlook 2007) take approximately 2 minutes to open.
> >
> > 2. When I close IE it advises that it has experienced a probem and must
> > shut down.
> >
> > Please advise on how to rectify these problems.
> >
> > Have a great day.

Leonard Grey

Re: Slow Response - Internet Explorer 7
Problems can result when add-ons you have installed are damaged or
conflict with Internet Explorer.

Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

For XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet
Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

Before installing IE 7 you need to have carefully followed the
procedures described here:

http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install.

If you did not follow these instructions you may have a damaged or
incomplete installation. Uninstall IE 7 (which automatically returns you
to your previous version of Internet Explorer) by following these
directions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177
....and...
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html

then follow the procedures described above and re-install IE 7. It's
better to download the IE 7 installer directly from Microsoft and
install from your hard disk (rather than going through Windows Update).

Note: If you installed Service Pack 3 after you installed IE 7, you will
have to remove SP 3 before you can remove IE 7.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

CharlieB wrote:
> Leonard - good evening,
> Sorry for the dealy in respoonse.
> I have IE 7 - SP3
>

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Any idea what version of Windows you have (including thr service pack)?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> CharlieB wrote:
>>> 1. Links within E-Mails (Outlook 2007) take approximately 2 minutes to open.
>>>
>>> 2. When I close IE it advises that it has experienced a probem and must
>>> shut down.
>>>
>>> Please advise on how to rectify these problems.
>>>
>>> Have a great day.

CharlieB

Re: Slow Response - Internet Explorer 7
Leonard - good morning,

I ran IE in "No Add-Ons" mode. I then started Outlook 2007 and tried to
open links within an E-Mail - IE advised about 2 minutes later that it was
running in No Add-Ons mode and could not open the web page. I also tried to
open Word and Excel attachments - they took approximately 2 minutes to open.
I tried to open .gif attachments and they opened immediately. I did not
attempt to uninstall and reinstall IE as I wanted to advise you of these
attempts to isolate the problems first.