Why do I Stay Committed To Microsoft?

Laser11@wildblue.net

Why do I Stay Committed To Microsoft?
I don't know. My son says Mom you need to get a Mac. Well I'm getting close
to the saturation point. I've had the new stuff since 2000, twice brand new
computer systems at home. More if you include the work environment. I am not
happy with the success or the percentages between achieving time savings and
financial expense to justify the un-ending attention to problem solving when
my computer nuts up. I can't read all of the extra stuff to achieve the
simple task. Why does this wonderful tool that can even save our environment
by keeping us from having to drive there,have to be so life draining. I have
been an online Banker since the year 2000, and I have a lot to say from
personal experience truely eye openers. But in 1982 an Apple 2E is what I had
at home for Bank Of America and I loved it. The good old days always seem to
be what I wish for. Now pen and paper seem best as well as cash for this
economy. I'm glad the Fat Cats are loosing too. I'm looking deep into the
companies I rely on and pay. They had better well serve or out with the water.
I don't trust computers anymore whoever owns them. It's expensive to be
poor. PMP
Leonard Grey

Re: Why do I Stay Committed To Microsoft?
What question would you like to ask your fellow users about Internet
Explorer?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Laser11@wildblue.net wrote:
> I don't know. My son says Mom you need to get a Mac. Well I'm getting close
> to the saturation point. I've had the new stuff since 2000, twice brand new
> computer systems at home. More if you include the work environment. I am not
> happy with the success or the percentages between achieving time savings and
> financial expense to justify the un-ending attention to problem solving when
> my computer nuts up. I can't read all of the extra stuff to achieve the
> simple task. Why does this wonderful tool that can even save our environment
> by keeping us from having to drive there,have to be so life draining. I have
> been an online Banker since the year 2000, and I have a lot to say from
> personal experience truely eye openers. But in 1982 an Apple 2E is what I had
> at home for Bank Of America and I loved it. The good old days always seem to
> be what I wish for. Now pen and paper seem best as well as cash for this
> economy. I'm glad the Fat Cats are loosing too. I'm looking deep into the
> companies I rely on and pay. They had better well serve or out with the water.
> I don't trust computers anymore whoever owns them. It's expensive to be
> poor. PMP

VanguardLH

Laser11@wildblue.net wrote:

> I don't know. My son says Mom you need to get a Mac. Well I'm getting close
> to the saturation point. I've had the new stuff since 2000, twice brand new
> computer systems at home. More if you include the work environment. I am not
> happy with the success or the percentages between achieving time savings and
> financial expense to justify the un-ending attention to problem solving when
> my computer nuts up. I can't read all of the extra stuff to achieve the
> simple task. Why does this wonderful tool that can even save our environment
> by keeping us from having to drive there,have to be so life draining. I have
> been an online Banker since the year 2000, and I have a lot to say from
> personal experience truely eye openers. But in 1982 an Apple 2E is what I had
> at home for Bank Of America and I loved it. The good old days always seem to
> be what I wish for. Now pen and paper seem best as well as cash for this
> economy. I'm glad the Fat Cats are loosing too. I'm looking deep into the
> companies I rely on and pay. They had better well serve or out with the water.
> I don't trust computers anymore whoever owns them. It's expensive to be
> poor. PMP

So you are now copying your diary entries into newsgroups? Try the
alt.test newsgroup for that.
Laser11@wildblue.net

Re: Why do I Stay Committed To Microsoft?
Not at all never owned a diary or ever written in one. But this is the first
time to speak out. I do self teaching, when perhaps I should network from the
sharing of others. Windows 98 is the last time I had fun. A) XP Pro w/SP1 an
upgrade enabled a hacker.B) I could wallpaper my house with the Microsoft PC
Safety Case Numbers after Verizon upon ordering DSL gave another persons
account and their personal information appeared immediately on my screen and
continued to arrive via e-mail for weeks while they scrambled to repair
everyday using me on my cell phone. C) Experion changed my personal
information to the depth of even my birthday was wrong! I could go on. My
question is is that it seems endless as to errors why is it so unreliable. I
can't get thru a week of home computer use without hours poured into damage
prevention and program drop off the interuptions are ridiculous.
--
PMP

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> Laser11@wildblue.net wrote:
>
> > I don't know. My son says Mom you need to get a Mac. Well I'm getting close
> > to the saturation point. I've had the new stuff since 2000, twice brand new
> > computer systems at home. More if you include the work environment. I am not
> > happy with the success or the percentages between achieving time savings and
> > financial expense to justify the un-ending attention to problem solving when
> > my computer nuts up. I can't read all of the extra stuff to achieve the
> > simple task. Why does this wonderful tool that can even save our environment
> > by keeping us from having to drive there,have to be so life draining. I have
> > been an online Banker since the year 2000, and I have a lot to say from
> > personal experience truely eye openers. But in 1982 an Apple 2E is what I had
> > at home for Bank Of America and I loved it. The good old days always seem to
> > be what I wish for. Now pen and paper seem best as well as cash for this
> > economy. I'm glad the Fat Cats are loosing too. I'm looking deep into the
> > companies I rely on and pay. They had better well serve or out with the water.
> > I don't trust computers anymore whoever owns them. It's expensive to be
> > poor. PMP

> So you are now copying your diary entries into newsgroups? Try the
> alt.test newsgroup for that.

Donald Anadell

Re: Why do I Stay Committed To Microsoft?
If you are here only to rant, please say so. Otherwise:

How to ask a question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Making a good Newsgroup Post:
http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

"Laser11@wildblue.net" <Laser11@wildblue.net@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:543BFC91-0943-43D9-83A3-CF941645D305@microsoft.com...
>I don't know. My son says Mom you need to get a Mac. Well I'm getting close
> to the saturation point. I've had the new stuff since 2000, twice brand
> new
> computer systems at home. More if you include the work environment. I am
> not
> happy with the success or the percentages between achieving time savings
> and
> financial expense to justify the un-ending attention to problem solving
> when
> my computer nuts up. I can't read all of the extra stuff to achieve the
> simple task. Why does this wonderful tool that can even save our
> environment
> by keeping us from having to drive there,have to be so life draining. I
> have
> been an online Banker since the year 2000, and I have a lot to say from
> personal experience truely eye openers. But in 1982 an Apple 2E is what I
> had
> at home for Bank Of America and I loved it. The good old days always seem
> be what I wish for. Now pen and paper seem best as well as cash for this
> economy. I'm glad the Fat Cats are loosing too. I'm looking deep into the
> companies I rely on and pay. They had better well serve or out with the
> water.
> I don't trust computers anymore whoever owns them. It's expensive to be
> poor. PMP

bobster

Re: Why do I Stay Committed To Microsoft?
I have used Microsoft products since 1998,-- Windows 95, 98, 98SE, and
currently XP SP-3. I have used Outlook Express and Internet Explorer for
email, and as my default browser. I have tried several free email clients
as well as browsers such as Avant, Maxthon, Opera and Firefox. I always
return to IE and OE and have been very happy with XP. I have never had a
virus nor a serious spam or malware problem by adhering to the following
simple rules:

1) Protect yourself by using a top-rated free version of a firewall, and
anti-virus and spyware/malware protection software. I use Zone Alarm,
Avast, SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SpywareBlaster,
Spybot-Search & Destroy and a Hosts file. I know, I know it's gross over
protection but its free and it has no effect on the performance of my
computer which is as fast as a rocket.

2) Update, update,update!!! Keep all of your protection up to date. Check
with Microsoft Windows update the second Tuesday of each month and download
the appropriate updates to you version of Windows. While many noted MVPs
advise to wait awhile before updating, I do it immediately and have rarely
gotten burned.

3) Be very selective when opening email, especially if it is from an
unknown source. Email attachments can be dangerous. If in doubt, save them
to a folder where you can scan them with your Anti-Virus before opening.

4) Be very selective when opening web sites. Some can "get" you just by
opening them. If it seems flaky, don't go there. Use the "Phishing" filter
capability of XP/IE or other anti- malware software.

While all of the above may seem like a lot of effort to keep your computer
protected, recognize that if you don't take responsibility for your own
cybersafety, YOU WILL GET INFECTED eventually, and perhaps with dire
results.

Some may say that only Microsoft products need such protection, that if you
used a Mac or various versions of Linux, and a different browser, you
wouldn't need to worry. Don't fall for that line as it just isn't true.

The above approach has worked for me for over 11 years of relatively
trouble-free and pleasurable computer usage. Of course, as always, YMMV ;-)

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> Laser11@wildblue.net wrote:
>
> > I don't know. My son says Mom you need to get a Mac. Well I'm getting
> > close
> > to the saturation point. I've had the new stuff since 2000, twice brand
> > new
> > computer systems at home. More if you include the work environment. I am
> > not
> > happy with the success or the percentages between achieving time savings
> > and
> > financial expense to justify the un-ending attention to problem solving
> > when
> > my computer nuts up. I can't read all of the extra stuff to achieve the
> > simple task. Why does this wonderful tool that can even save our
> > environment
> > by keeping us from having to drive there,have to be so life draining. I
> > have
> > been an online Banker since the year 2000, and I have a lot to say from
> > personal experience truely eye openers. But in 1982 an Apple 2E is what
> > I had
> > at home for Bank Of America and I loved it. The good old days always
> > seem to
> > be what I wish for. Now pen and paper seem best as well as cash for this
> > economy. I'm glad the Fat Cats are loosing too. I'm looking deep into
> > the
> > companies I rely on and pay. They had better well serve or out with the
> > water.
> > I don't trust computers anymore whoever owns them. It's expensive to be
> > poor. PMP

> So you are now copying your diary entries into newsgroups? Try the
> alt.test newsgroup for that.

VanguardLH

Laser11@wildblue.net wrote:

> Not at all never owned a diary or ever written in one. But this is the first
> time to speak out. I do self teaching, when perhaps I should network from the
> sharing of others. Windows 98 is the last time I had fun. A) XP Pro w/SP1 an
> upgrade enabled a hacker.B) I could wallpaper my house with the Microsoft PC
> Safety Case Numbers after Verizon upon ordering DSL gave another persons
> account and their personal information appeared immediately on my screen and
> continued to arrive via e-mail for weeks while they scrambled to repair
> everyday using me on my cell phone. C) Experion changed my personal
> information to the depth of even my birthday was wrong! I could go on. My
> question is is that it seems endless as to errors why is it so unreliable. I
> can't get thru a week of home computer use without hours poured into damage
> prevention and program drop off the interuptions are ridiculous.

Did you actually have a question or a current issue to discuss here?
Corka

Re: Why do I Stay Committed To Microsoft?

See inline...

"Laser11@wildblue.net" <Laser11@wildblue.net@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:543BFC91-0943-43D9-83A3-CF941645D305@microsoft.com...
>I don't know. My son says Mom you need to get a Mac. Well I'm getting close
> to the saturation point.

I don't know how old your son is, but if he's in his ****s and then
discovers he can't play the games his mates play, he will be asking for a
Windows PC, I've seen this happen, always.

> I've had the new stuff since 2000, twice brand new
> computer systems at home. More if you include the work environment. I am
> not
> happy with the success or the percentages between achieving time savings
> and
> financial expense to justify the un-ending attention to problem solving
> when
> my computer nuts up. I can't read all of the extra stuff to achieve the
> simple task.

Just like a car, you need to service it, or a toaster, you need to clean it,
a compter, you should do some house keeping with it. Run the cleaning
utility only, in CCleaner, defrag you're disc every now and then. See how
much RAM you have relative to what you run, an extreme e.g. You should not
have 6 programs, andPhotoshop running if you have 256 MB RAM on Windows XP.

Have an up to date, well performing (even free), Antivirus (eg AVGFree),
Firewall (eg Comodo, ZoneAlarm, the Windows one), and a few Anti-Spyware
programes (SpyBot, SpywareBlaster) to keep you clean.

>Why does this wonderful tool that can even save our environment

The environment will always be there for our utilisation, don't believe
otherwise, you and your car are not to blame.

> by keeping us from having to drive there,have to be so life draining. I
> have
> been an online Banker since the year 2000, and I have a lot to say from
> personal experience truely eye openers. But in 1982 an Apple 2E is what I
> had
> at home for Bank Of America and I loved it. The good old days always seem
> be what I wish for.

The perceivabley-visually fastest systems I've had was a 486 DX2-66Mhz with
16 MEG RAM, nowhere near what we have today, on Window 3.11, with no more
than 2 Application open simultaneously, it never crashed and applications
opened ran at an instant, like MS Word looked like it opened before the
second mouse click happened, now Word 2007 takes a second to redraw itself
before it's ready for usage, (that's on a QuadCore, 4 GB RAM). I prefer it
to my sentimental 486 DX2-66 though.

>Now pen and paper seem best as well as cash for this
> economy. I'm glad the Fat Cats are loosing too.

Nooo they're not, the U.S economy is going really good for them, it's not
well good for you (nor me), your Government has ensured they didn't loose
with those huge handouts that did nothing for you.

> I'm looking deep into the
> companies I rely on and pay.

They don't need you.

> They had better well serve or out with the water.

They beat you to it.

> I don't trust computers anymore whoever owns them.

Reformat you HD, and do a complete re-install, build it up to your liking.

> It's expensive to be
> poor. PMP

Don't be poor, let you fear motivate you away from it.

- Corka