"Thanks for choosing IE7" webpage

Denise

"Thanks for choosing IE7" webpage
Hi,

When I come on the internet, this page opens,
http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx

I make my selections but I receive a message that says, "Settings were not
able to be saved successfully." Since it won't work, is there a way I can to
stop this page from opening instead of my home page?
--
Denise

Denise

RE: "Thanks for choosing IE7" webpage
P.S. I have Windows XP Pro x64. I just formatted my pc yesterday and
installed Windows again. I didn't have this problem before the format. When
I went to Windows Update, I chose the updates that I wanted, I didn't
download and install all of them.
--
Denise

Michael Jennings

Re: "Thanks for choosing IE7" webpage
Leandro Cascão's registry addition usually works. Scroll down at the link:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-12ed926d5639/
Running regedit, you tell IE in it's Main registry section RunOnce is over with:
"RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
"RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

> P.S. I have Windows XP Pro x64. I just formatted my pc yesterday and
> installed Windows again. I didn't have this problem before the format. When
> I went to Windows Update, I chose the updates that I wanted, I didn't
> download and install all of them.
> --
> Denise

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Denise wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I come on the internet, this page opens,
> http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
>
> I make my selections but I receive a message that says, "Settings were not
> able to be saved successfully." Since it won't work, is there a way I
> can to stop this page from opening instead of my home page?
> --
> Denise

See (Ignore the title):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
"A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7".

Also see:
"Problem: IE always goes to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx instead of
your homepage": http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

And: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fi...every-startup/

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Denise

Re: "Thanks for choosing IE7" webpage
Thanks It worked and I got a few other great tips at one of the websites.
--
Denise

"Michael Jennings" wrote:

> Leandro Cascão's registry addition usually works. Scroll down at the link:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-12ed926d5639/
> Running regedit, you tell IE in it's Main registry section RunOnce is over with:
> "RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
> "RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001
>
> "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I come on the internet, this page opens,
> > http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
> >
> > I make my selections but I receive a message that says, "Settings were not
> > able to be saved successfully." Since it won't work, is there a way I can to
> > stop this page from opening instead of my home page?

> "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > P.S. I have Windows XP Pro x64. I just formatted my pc yesterday and
> > installed Windows again. I didn't have this problem before the format. When
> > I went to Windows Update, I chose the updates that I wanted, I didn't
> > download and install all of them.
> > --
> > Denise

Michael Jennings

Re: "Thanks for choosing IE7" webpage
You're welcome, Denise. I should have said its, not it's, which I just changed.
Idiotic of me to be bothered by it's & its apostrophe rules - just call me baka.