Cannot hear sound out of speakers when on internet - only on inter

Matt

Cannot hear sound out of speakers when on internet - only on inter
Hi,
Okay do I'm stumped. I have a user who cannot hear audio on the internet.
she has audio when on itunes or windows media... it's only on the net. So it
has to be browser settings or adobe flash player. I searched everywhere in
internet settings, reset settings. looked in control panel - sounds audio
devices. installed a new verion of adobe flash. No matter what I did nothing
brings the sound back onthe internet. I am ytring to avoid
uninstalling/reinstalling IE. Hopefully there's a hidden or not so obvious
place to toggle sound online. Maybe a place in registry to see if avalue got
messed up.

Thanks
Matt

Don Varnau

Re: Cannot hear sound out of speakers when on internet - only on inter
Hi,
Obviously, "Play sounds" is enabled in Internet Options> Advanced>
Multimedia, right?

Have you checked third-party programs and toolbars (security, privacy, etc)
for the option to block sounds?

Visit www.dailywav.com See if those WAV files will play, if they do, I would
uninstall/reinstall Flash Run the removal tool at
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4157&sliceId=1

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Okay do I'm stumped. I have a user who cannot hear audio on the internet.
> she has audio when on itunes or windows media... it's only on the net. So

it
> has to be browser settings or adobe flash player. I searched everywhere in
> internet settings, reset settings. looked in control panel - sounds audio
> devices. installed a new verion of adobe flash. No matter what I did

nothing
> brings the sound back onthe internet. I am ytring to avoid
> uninstalling/reinstalling IE. Hopefully there's a hidden or not so obvious
> place to toggle sound online. Maybe a place in registry to see if avalue

got
> messed up.
>
> Thanks
> Matt

Donald Anadell

Re: Cannot hear sound out of speakers when on internet - only on inter

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Okay do I'm stumped. I have a user who cannot hear audio on the internet.
> she has audio when on itunes or windows media... it's only on the net. So
> it
> has to be browser settings or adobe flash player. I searched everywhere in
> internet settings, reset settings. looked in control panel - sounds audio
> devices. installed a new verion of adobe flash. No matter what I did
> nothing
> brings the sound back onthe internet. I am ytring to avoid
> uninstalling/reinstalling IE. Hopefully there's a hidden or not so obvious
> place to toggle sound online. Maybe a place in registry to see if avalue
> got
> messed up.

If the problem with sound is only related to Flash Video files(.flv), then
see the following Adobe Troubleshooting site:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...2691&sliceId=2

Pay close attention to "Solution 3" regarding the Registry entry for
"wavemapper".

Good luck,

Donald Anadell