Backing up or exporting groups in OE

Fran

Backing up or exporting groups in OE
Using OE6. In my Main Indentities Contacts I have several groups. The
names and email addresses in these groups are not in my main identity
contact list, as I manually added them directly into the desinated group. I
want "backup" or export these groups as a safety against losing all this
data. What is the best way to accomplish this so the groups stay in tact?
Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Fran

Don Varnau

Re: Backing up or exporting groups in OE
Hi,
OE6 Newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...tlooke xpress

But, since you're here...
If you export and import the Address Book, groups will be lost.

If you copy the Address Book WAB file, groups will be intact.
Look for "Complete backup" at http://www.insideoe.com/backup/

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Fran" <spamsucks@alltimes.com> wrote in message
> Using OE6. In my Main Indentities Contacts I have several groups. The
> names and email addresses in these groups are not in my main identity
> contact list, as I manually added them directly into the desinated group.

> want "backup" or export these groups as a safety against losing all this
> data. What is the best way to accomplish this so the groups stay in tact?
> Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Fran

Fran

Re: Backing up or exporting groups in OE
Don, I did post to wrong group inadvertantly, but you did help me and I
thank you for that. Fran

> Hi,
> OE6 Newsgroup:
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...tlooke xpress
>
> But, since you're here...
> If you export and import the Address Book, groups will be lost.
>
> If you copy the Address Book WAB file, groups will be intact.
> Look for "Complete backup" at http://www.insideoe.com/backup/
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Fran" <spamsucks@alltimes.com> wrote in message
>> Using OE6. In my Main Indentities Contacts I have several groups. The
>> names and email addresses in these groups are not in my main identity
>> contact list, as I manually added them directly into the desinated group.

>> want "backup" or export these groups as a safety against losing all this
>> data. What is the best way to accomplish this so the groups stay in
>> tact?
>> Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Fran

Fran

Re: Backing up or exporting groups in OE
Thank you, Michael and Steve, for helping me.
Gratefully, Fran