problem with showing standard HTML-buttons

Philipp Schulz

problem with showing standard HTML-buttons
Hi,
today I got a problem with buttons in HTML-formulars in the MS IE 7. The
problem always occurs if the width of a standard button pass over an amount
of say 200px. Then it begins to look ugly especially at the left and right
border, such as it would be a scaled background image, that doesn't base on
vectorsgraphics. The problem is more obvious if the button has a width of
1000px.
Is that a known problem, that is planned to be solved?
By the way sorry for my poor English.
Greets,
Philipp Schulz

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: problem with showing standard HTML-buttons
Hi Philipp,

Can you provide a sample page?

Guess - Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab - uncheck "Enable visual styles
on buttons and controls in webpages"

There have been previous reports of oversized buttons appearing ugly.

Regards.

"Philipp Schulz" <Philipp Schulz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> today I got a problem with buttons in HTML-formulars in the MS IE 7. The
> problem always occurs if the width of a standard button pass over an
> amount
> of say 200px. Then it begins to look ugly especially at the left and right
> border, such as it would be a scaled background image, that doesn't base
> on
> vectorsgraphics. The problem is more obvious if the button has a width of
> 1000px.
> Is that a known problem, that is planned to be solved?
> By the way sorry for my poor English.
> Greets,
> Philipp Schulz
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: problem with showing standard HTML-buttons
Hi Phillip,

I could not reproduce the issue on my test page in IE8.

http://www.iecustomizer.com/msmvp/bigbuttontest.htm

However I can reproduce it using IE6 and IE7. Unchecking "Enable visual
styles on buttons and controls in webpages" fixes the problem though.

At a guess, I would think that you can get around the problem by specifying
a border rule for your <input type="button" elements. But it looks like it
has been fixed in the next IE version.

Regards.

"Philipp Schulz" <Philipp Schulz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> today I got a problem with buttons in HTML-formulars in the MS IE 7. The
> problem always occurs if the width of a standard button pass over an
> amount
> of say 200px. Then it begins to look ugly especially at the left and right
> border, such as it would be a scaled background image, that doesn't base
> on
> vectorsgraphics. The problem is more obvious if the button has a width of
> 1000px.
> Is that a known problem, that is planned to be solved?
> By the way sorry for my poor English.
> Greets,
> Philipp Schulz
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Philipp Schulz

Re: problem with showing standard HTML-buttons
Hi again,
thank you for your fast answer. Unfortunately the IE visitors of my website
won't have this option unchecked I supposed and even if it has a very old
looking appearance. However I can fix the problem with some CSS-rules and
hope that IE 8 will have it fixed.
good night from germany
Philipp