Windows live Calendar a Step Backwards

Chris Kjeld

Windows live Calendar a Step Backwards
Only Microsoft can create something that is a step backwards, i.e. Windows
Live Calendar. (1) I can't transfer data from my old Hotmail calendar to the
new so it means hours of retyping birthdays, etc. (2) The month view which I
print and use the most looks good only in landscape and I prefer portrait.
(3) When the month view is printed to wrap around words are broken up in
strange ways. These things did not happen in the old Hotmail calendar. If
Microsoft stops offering the old calendar, I guess it is back to Google,
which I seem to be doing more these days.
--
Chris C
Leonard Grey

Re: Windows live Calendar a Step Backwards
So, what question about Internet Explorer would you like to ask your
fellow users?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Chris Kjeld wrote:
> Only Microsoft can create something that is a step backwards, i.e. Windows
> Live Calendar. (1) I can't transfer data from my old Hotmail calendar to the
> new so it means hours of retyping birthdays, etc. (2) The month view which I
> print and use the most looks good only in landscape and I prefer portrait.
> (3) When the month view is printed to wrap around words are broken up in
> strange ways. These things did not happen in the old Hotmail calendar. If
> Microsoft stops offering the old calendar, I guess it is back to Google,
> which I seem to be doing more these days.

Re: Windows live Calendar a Step Backwards
What does this have to do with IE?

Reminder: MSN Calendar users being moved to Windows Live Calendar (25
Feb-09)
<QP>
Q: What is happening?
A: MSN Calendar will be retired soon, as it is being replaced by Windows
Live Calendar. If you have not already started using Windows Live Calendar,
your calendar information will be moved from the original (MSN) calendar to
the new Windows Live Calendar. As soon as everyone has moved over, the
original (MSN) calendar will retire.

Q: When is this happening?
A: Your calendar data may be moved as early as March 1, 2009, after which
you will no longer be able to access your original (MSN) calendar. The
original (MSN) calendar is estimated to close on July 1, 2009, at which date
we anticipate that all users will have moved to Windows Live Calendar. NOTE:
the final close date is subject to change.

Q: What do I need to do?
A: We’ll do most of the moving for you; we’ll move over your appointments,
meeting requests, tasks, and notes. However, if you have attachments in your
original (MSN) web calendar, please save the files from your calendar to
your computer by March 1, 2009. After March 1, 2009, you may no longer be
able to access your attachments.

Q: What data will not be automatically moved over to my new calendar?
A: Deleted items (such as items you deleted from your original (MSN)
calendar and items older than 3 months, which are automatically deleted from
the original calendar) will not be moved over automatically. Additionally,
if you have added attachments (like presentations, documents, and
spreadsheets) to your calendar through Microsoft Outlook Connector or the
MSN® Premium desktop client, your attachments will not be moved to your new
calendar. If you have attachments in your original web calendar, please save
the files from your calendar to your computer by March 1st, 2009. After
March 1, 2009 you may no longer be able to access your attachments.
</QP>
http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.c...59!35236.entry

MSN Calendar Migration (14 Jan-09)
http://wlcalendarsupport.spaces.live...7352!116.entry

[Yes, MSN Calendar = Hotmail Calendar]

Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new & replaces all newsgroup & email format
support)
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums <=post here instead!
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx

Windows Live Hotmail Feedback
https://feedback.live.com/default.as...ductkey=wlmail
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Chris Kjeld wrote:
> Only Microsoft can create something that is a step backwards, i.e. Windows
> Live Calendar. (1) I can't transfer data from my old Hotmail calendar to
> the new so it means hours of retyping birthdays, etc. (2) The month view
> which I print and use the most looks good only in landscape and I prefer
> portrait. (3) When the month view is printed to wrap around words are
> broken up in strange ways. These things did not happen in the old Hotmail
> calendar. If Microsoft stops offering the old calendar, I guess it is
> back
> to Google, which I seem to be doing more these days.

Chris Kjeld

Re: Windows live Calendar a Step Backwards: Thanks!
I posted on IE because it was as close as I could find to a MSN calendar
site. Your information very helpful.
--
Chris C

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Chris Kjeld wrote:
> > Only Microsoft can create something that is a step backwards, i.e. Windows
> > Live Calendar. (1) I can't transfer data from my old Hotmail calendar to
> > the new so it means hours of retyping birthdays, etc. (2) The month view
> > which I print and use the most looks good only in landscape and I prefer
> > portrait. (3) When the month view is printed to wrap around words are
> > broken up in strange ways. These things did not happen in the old Hotmail
> > calendar. If Microsoft stops offering the old calendar, I guess it is
> > back
> > to Google, which I seem to be doing more these days.

Re: Windows live Calendar a Step Backwards: Thanks!
You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.