Page Setup Default Margins won't save in IE6 or IE7

Ron Ledford

Page Setup Default Margins won't save in IE6 or IE7
I have a problem that is perplexing to me so I thougth I would present it to
the community for suggestions.

First I must give some background on the situation. I install and support
PCs in physician offices. One of the products used on these PCs is a
web-based application known as Atlas Labworks. Along with the PC, I install
a laser printer and a label printer. LabWorks uses an ActiveX print control
to direct lab requisitions and reports to the laser printer and specimen
labels to the label printer. I have been installing these items in the same
manner for nearly two years without incident until a couple of months
ago.....Once I have installed the laser printer and label printer and print a
label from Labworks, the margins of IE are changed to that of the label size
(2.25" x 1.25"). I can go into Page Setup of IE and change the margins all
the way around to 0.75, but as soon as I print label, the margins are changed
back. The margins retain the label size even after Labworks is closed. This
is causing a lot of problems for my clients who use IE to print other items
that are not Labworks related, since the items are printed in a small area of
the page over several pages. To fix this, I have to turn off label printing.
When I do that, the margins in IE stay the same after future print jobs from
Labworks - but we have sacrificed labels.

My question is how do I get the margins of IE to retain their default
setting? Another question is what is causing this?

Thanks in advance for any advice given here - I am tired of banging my head
against the wall about this.

Ron Ledford - Tulsa, OK

PS - Here are some things I have done and situations
1) Used both older and newer drivers for the label printer
2) Used both older and newer firmware for the label printer
3) Contacted the label printer manufacturer - no help - they blame the ActiveX
4) Contacted Atlas Labworks - they don't believe it is the ActiveX
5) This has happened on XP Pro and Vista Business and on both IE6 and 7 and
on admin and user accounts.

Re: Page Setup Default Margins won't save in IE6 or IE7
One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
applications may be disallowing the changes from "sticking." These apps
include anti-spyware applications (e.g., Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea
Timer, SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, WinPatrol,
etc), anti-virus appliations & security suites (Norton, McAfee, ESET/NOD32,
Kasperky, Trend Micro, etc.), and third-party firewalls (e.g., Zone Alarm,
etc.).

Note that temporarily disabling the application(s) or rebooting into Safe
Mode may not disable the system protections.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/