IE 7 downloaded and games missing

nyjewel

IE 7 downloaded and games missing
I downloaded internet explorer 7 and my games are missing from my start menu.
Just to check if it was the IE 7 download, I restored my computer to the day
before I downloaded IE 7 and the games were there. I re-downloaded IE7 and
the games are gone. Does anyone have any ideas?
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7 downloaded and games missing
I didn't lose anything when I installed IE 7. I got my copy directly
from Microsoft's website.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

nyjewel wrote:
> I downloaded internet explorer 7 and my games are missing from my start menu.
> Just to check if it was the IE 7 download, I restored my computer to the day
> before I downloaded IE 7 and the games were there. I re-downloaded IE7 and
> the games are gone. Does anyone have any ideas?

nyjewel

Re: IE 7 downloaded and games missing
I also downloaded my copy from Microsoft's website. Nonetheless, the problem
exists.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> I didn't lose anything when I installed IE 7. I got my copy directly
> from Microsoft's website.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> nyjewel wrote:
> > I downloaded internet explorer 7 and my games are missing from my start menu.
> > Just to check if it was the IE 7 download, I restored my computer to the day
> > before I downloaded IE 7 and the games were there. I re-downloaded IE7 and
> > the games are gone. Does anyone have any ideas?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7 downloaded and games missing
Nothing to do with IE 7.

Might be helpful if you described your situation in enough detail. What
games? Missing from where in the Start menu?

I'll take a guess: Entries in the left side of the Windows XP Start
menu, by default, contain shortcuts to the programs you use most often.
Is that what you're talking about?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

nyjewel wrote:
> I also downloaded my copy from Microsoft's website. Nonetheless, the problem
> exists.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> I didn't lose anything when I installed IE 7. I got my copy directly
>> from Microsoft's website.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> nyjewel wrote:
>>> I downloaded internet explorer 7 and my games are missing from my start menu.
>>> Just to check if it was the IE 7 download, I restored my computer to the day
>>> before I downloaded IE 7 and the games were there. I re-downloaded IE7 and
>>> the games are gone. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: IE 7 downloaded and games missing
You may have a(nother) horked (dirty; bad; flawed) install of IE7. I
suggest that you...

1. Uninstall IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6) EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html [Only use the Command
%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot uninstall via Add/Remove
Programs! Ignore any "such and such may not work if..." prompts. Ignore
any references to Vista on the page.]

2a. Uninstall all toolbars and third-party Windows Themes (including Window
Blinds).

2b. Disable all Norton Add-ons, if applicable.

3. Reinstall IE7 EXACTLY per
http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install <= Steps #1-8, #10 &
#11; take note of #12, then STOP!

NB: Use http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/default.mspx as the

Or Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

4. IMMEDIATELY go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any
critical updates offered. If a "Root Certificates" update is listed in the
Optional category, install it to take full advantage of IE7's additional
security.

Also see:

IEBlog : IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/Aa740486.aspx

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/