IE 7 - Opens new windows

Dave

IE 7 - Opens new windows
I open IE 7, then I click on a link or something from my favorites or even
type an address in the address bar and it opens a new window. I go there and
do the same and it opens back to the first window on a new tab.

Very frustrating

--
Dave

Re: IE 7 - Opens new windows
posting to this newsgroup.

Which, if any, of these links are https:// URLs?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dave wrote:
> I open IE 7, then I click on a link or something from my favorites or even
> type an address in the address bar and it opens a new window. I go there
> and do the same and it opens back to the first window on a new tab.
>
> Very frustrating

Dave

Re: IE 7 - Opens new windows
Sorry, Vista Business SP1
It doesn't matter if it's https or not

--
Dave

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Which, if any, of these links are https:// URLs?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Dave wrote:
> > I open IE 7, then I click on a link or something from my favorites or even
> > type an address in the address bar and it opens a new window. I go there
> > and do the same and it opens back to the first window on a new tab.
> >
> > Very frustrating

Re: IE 7 - Opens new windows
I'm afraid it does matter here. Repeat: Which, if any, of the links are
https:// URLs?

Are any of the links running in Trusted Sites zone?

How long have you been running Vista SP1, Dave?

Dave wrote:
> Sorry, Vista Business SP1
> It doesn't matter if it's https or not
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> Which, if any, of these links are https:// URLs?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Dave wrote:
>>> I open IE 7, then I click on a link or something from my favorites or
>>> even
>>> type an address in the address bar and it opens a new window. I go
>>> there
>>> and do the same and it opens back to the first window on a new tab.
>>>
>>> Very frustrating

Dave

Re: IE 7 - Opens new windows
Sorry, it opens a new window if it's http or https, so in that respect it
doesn't matter.
I've been running Vista Business sp1 for quite some time now. It's sites
that I have been going to for years, and yes some of them are in the trusted
sites zone.

--
Dave

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> I'm afraid it does matter here. Repeat: Which, if any, of the links are
> https:// URLs?
>
> Are any of the links running in Trusted Sites zone?
>
> How long have you been running Vista SP1, Dave?
>
> Dave wrote:
> > Sorry, Vista Business SP1
> > It doesn't matter if it's https or not
> >
> >> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> Which, if any, of these links are https:// URLs?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: IE 7 - Opens new windows
If IE is open to an http:// page and you click on an https:// link or
Bookmark, the https:// page will open in a new window by default.

Conversely, if IE is open to an https:// page and you click on an http://
link or Bookmark, the http:// page will open in a new window by default.

If IE is open to a page in, e.g., Internet zone and you click on a link or
Bookmark in, e.g., Trusted Sites zone, the latter page will open in a new
window by default.

Conversely, if IE is open to a page in, e.g., Trusted Sites zone and you
click on a link or Bookmark in, e.g., Internet zone, the latter page will
open in a new window by default.

Is this what you're seeing, Dave?

Dave wrote:
> Sorry, it opens a new window if it's http or https, so in that respect it
> doesn't matter.
> I've been running Vista Business sp1 for quite some time now. It's sites
> that I have been going to for years, and yes some of them are in the
> trusted
> sites zone.
>
>> I'm afraid it does matter here. Repeat: Which, if any, of the links are
>> https:// URLs?
>>
>> Are any of the links running in Trusted Sites zone?
>>
>> How long have you been running Vista SP1, Dave?
>>
>> Dave wrote:
>>> Sorry, Vista Business SP1
>>> It doesn't matter if it's https or not

Dave

Re: IE 7 - Opens new windows
Yes, it doesn't matter what page I have open. Clicking on any link on the
page, or anything in the favorites or typing any url it will open a new
window. Very, very frustrating to have new windows of IE popping open,
instead of staying on the current tab or the current window.

--
Dave