IE 7 runs but can't find it in Program Files

Dr Jen

IE 7 runs but can't find it in Program Files
A couple of nights ago I ran several disk cleaning programs - AdAware,
Spybot, Defrag, and the Microsoft utilities to clean and gain more space on
my hard drive. Now, for some odd reason, my desktop shortcut to IE is gone,
and I can't even find the program application listed in my Program Files. It
does run (I'm using it right now!), but so far I've only figured out how to
access it by clicking the Support link in the Add/Remove Files dialogue. Can
someone help me figure out how to recreate a shortcut and where the program
is actually located??
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7 runs but can't find it in Program Files
Won't say what version of Windows you have? Here are directions for
Windows XP.

Right-click on this file:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

and select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)

or select Pin to Start Menu.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Dr Jen wrote:
> A couple of nights ago I ran several disk cleaning programs - AdAware,
> Spybot, Defrag, and the Microsoft utilities to clean and gain more space on
> my hard drive. Now, for some odd reason, my desktop shortcut to IE is gone,
> and I can't even find the program application listed in my Program Files. It
> does run (I'm using it right now!), but so far I've only figured out how to
> access it by clicking the Support link in the Add/Remove Files dialogue. Can
> someone help me figure out how to recreate a shortcut and where the program
> is actually located??

Dr Jen

Re: IE 7 runs but can't find it in Program Files
Actually, that wouldn't have worked because the "iexplore.exe" wasn't even
showing up in my Program Files folder (as I actually noted in my original
post). That still seems weird, but the good news is I got it fixed after I
looked for an answer on another problem. Apparently in trying to create more
space on my hard drive I had deleted a number of shortcuts and accessories;
when I re-ran that same utility everything that had appeared to be missing
was back. Yay!

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Won't say what version of Windows you have? Here are directions for
> Windows XP.
>
> Right-click on this file:
>
> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
>
> and select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)
>
> or select Pin to Start Menu.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Dr Jen wrote:
> > A couple of nights ago I ran several disk cleaning programs - AdAware,
> > Spybot, Defrag, and the Microsoft utilities to clean and gain more space on
> > my hard drive. Now, for some odd reason, my desktop shortcut to IE is gone,
> > and I can't even find the program application listed in my Program Files. It
> > does run (I'm using it right now!), but so far I've only figured out how to
> > access it by clicking the Support link in the Add/Remove Files dialogue. Can
> > someone help me figure out how to recreate a shortcut and where the program
> > is actually located??

Re: IE 7 runs but can't find it in Program Files
posting to this newsgroup.

If you think your Registry needs to be "cleaned" or "repaired," read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/