adding email program to internet options

chuck

adding email program to internet options
How can I add an email provider to the list of programs in the email drop
down list of the programs in internet options??
Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: adding email program to internet options
Internet Explorer Client Registry Layout:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...g_Email_Client

-and-

Registering Programs with Client Types:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...t_registration

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"chuck" <chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I add an email provider to the list of programs in the email drop
> down list of the programs in internet options??

chuck

Re: adding email program to internet options
Thank you very much -- way beyond the abilities of the users I have contact
with. If there isn't a dummies version then it's not an option.

"Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Internet Explorer Client Registry Layout:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...g_Email_Client
>
> -and-
>
> Registering Programs with Client Types:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...t_registration
>

> --
> Regards,

> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>

> "chuck" <chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I add an email provider to the list of programs in the email drop
> > down list of the programs in internet options??

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: adding email program to internet options
You're welcome Chuck. The provided info is for the mail client developer to
follow. The link explains how to register the email program with IE & with
Default Programs.

--

> Thank you very much -- way beyond the abilities of the users I have
> contact
> with. If there isn't a dummies version then it's not an option.
>

> "Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Internet Explorer Client Registry Layout:
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...g_Email_Client
>>
>> -and-
>>
>> Registering Programs with Client Types:
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...t_registration
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
>> The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>>

>> "chuck" <chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I add an email provider to the list of programs in the email
>> > drop
>> > down list of the programs in internet options??

ju.c

Re: adding email program to internet options
It depends on each provider, like Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo.

Which provider do you wish to add?

ju.c

"chuck" <chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63E7936-5784-4F0A-B47B-86970659B280@microsoft.com...
> How can I add an email provider to the list of programs in the email drop
> down list of the programs in internet options??

Re: adding email program to internet options
Which provider(s)? Which Windows version? What IE version?