IE7 moving toolbar

deerslayer

IE7 moving toolbar
Having recently switched back to IE, I am regretting my choice already. For
one thing, the toolbars move around on their own even though they're locked.
I've searched for a remedy to this but found nothing specific. Can anyone
here offer a solution? On my system, the menu and link toobars move around
when I create a new tab. There may be other instances where those toolbars
move as well. What is the fix?

Re: IE7 moving toolbar
Asked/Answered yesterday in this newsgroup.

deerslayer wrote:
> Having recently switched back to IE, I am regretting my choice already.
> For
> one thing, the toolbars move around on their own even though they're
> locked.
> I've searched for a remedy to this but found nothing specific. Can anyone
> here offer a solution? On my system, the menu and link toobars move
> around
> when I create a new tab. There may be other instances where those
> toolbars
> move as well. What is the fix?

deerslayer

Re: IE7 moving toolbar
I don't see it PA Bear..... but if you know the fix for my moving toolbars
perhgaps you could just say so? Thanks.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Asked/Answered yesterday in this newsgroup.
>
> deerslayer wrote:
>> Having recently switched back to IE, I am regretting my choice
>> already. For
>> one thing, the toolbars move around on their own even though they're
>> locked.
>> I've searched for a remedy to this but found nothing specific. Can
>> anyone here offer a solution? On my system, the menu and link
>> toobars move around
>> when I create a new tab. There may be other instances where those
>> toolbars
>> move as well. What is the fix?

Re: IE7 moving toolbar
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c48af54b3232da
deerslayer wrote:
> I don't see it PA Bear..... but if you know the fix for my moving
> toolbars
> perhgaps you could just say so? Thanks.
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Asked/Answered yesterday in this newsgroup.
>>
>> deerslayer wrote:
>>> Having recently switched back to IE, I am regretting my choice
>>> already. For
>>> one thing, the toolbars move around on their own even though they're
>>> locked.
>>> I've searched for a remedy to this but found nothing specific. Can
>>> anyone here offer a solution? On my system, the menu and link
>>> toobars move around
>>> when I create a new tab. There may be other instances where those
>>> toolbars
>>> move as well. What is the fix?

deerslayer

Re: IE7 moving toolbar
What kind of retarded answer is this? I posted a completely different
question yesterday. That topic was about skins for IE7. Now I post a
question about the toolbars which wrongly keep moving around even when
they've been locked and you refer me to my own question about skins???
Thanks PA Bear and I hope its not asking too much to actually read a
question first.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c48af54b3232da
> deerslayer wrote:
>> I don't see it PA Bear..... but if you know the fix for my moving
>> toolbars
>> perhgaps you could just say so? Thanks.
>>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Asked/Answered yesterday in this newsgroup.

Re: IE7 moving toolbar
Open the link on Viktor's post in that thread (Quero Toolbar). Read this
FAQ: http://www.quero.at/faq.html

deerslayer wrote:
> What kind of retarded answer is this? I posted a completely different
> question yesterday. That topic was about skins for IE7. Now I post a
> question about the toolbars which wrongly keep moving around even when
> they've been locked and you refer me to my own question about skins???
> Thanks PA Bear and I hope its not asking too much to actually read a
> question first.
>

> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c48af54b3232da
>> deerslayer wrote:
>>> I don't see it PA Bear..... but if you know the fix for my moving
>>> toolbars
>>> perhgaps you could just say so? Thanks.

deerslayer

Re: IE7 moving toolbar
Umm... thanks but I'm not using Quero. The link you provided and my
previous request for IE skins have absolutely nothing to do with my
question/issue about the IE toolbars moving around.

Still unanswered question:
Does anybody have a solution to stop the IE toolbars from moving around
after they've been locked? The menu and link toolbars, which I put on
separate rows, jump to share the same row inadvertantly. I don't want this
to happen and it occurs even when the toolbars are locked. For example,
when creating a new tab, the menu and link toolbars collapse into the same
row. I'd like this action to stop. Any fixes? Thanks.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Open the link on Viktor's post in that thread (Quero Toolbar). Read
> this FAQ: http://www.quero.at/faq.html
>

> deerslayer wrote:
>> What kind of retarded answer is this? I posted a completely
>> different question yesterday. That topic was about skins for IE7. Now I
>> post a question about the toolbars which wrongly keep moving
>> around even when they've been locked and you refer me to my own
>> question about skins??? Thanks PA Bear and I hope its not asking too
>> much to actually read a question first.
>>

>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c48af54b3232da

Re: IE7 moving toolbar
Other than Quero Toolbar (which allows you to customize the IE7 toolbar
layout), there are only limited changes you can make to the IE-specific
toolbars (e.g., Menu bar; Command bar).

How to move the Standard toolbar [Menu bar] to a location above the Address
bar
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930645

Remove search bar from IE 7
http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/200...from-ie-7.html

Hide/Show Command bar and/or Menu bar
http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/200...-settings.html

Third-party toolbars, especially multiple toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo;
Windows Live; Skype; Roboform; etc.) however can be a big problem. Most of
them have very strong opinions of where they should be located: You might be
able to move them around but they'll hardly ever stay in the new
position(s), even if you Lock the toolbar.

Also related to the postitioning problem is the version (age) of the
third-party toolbar(s) you have installed. It's best to make sure you've
done a clean install of the most recent version(s), and only install the
ones you simply can't /live/ without.

You may be interested in...

Prevent Internet Explorer Toolbar Layout from being Reset
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/pr...m-being-reset/

Good luck.

deerslayer wrote:
> Umm... thanks but I'm not using Quero. The link you provided and my
> previous request for IE skins have absolutely nothing to do with my
> question/issue about the IE toolbars moving around.
>
> Still unanswered question:
> Does anybody have a solution to stop the IE toolbars from moving around
> after they've been locked? The menu and link toolbars, which I put on
> separate rows, jump to share the same row inadvertantly. I don't want
> this
> to happen and it occurs even when the toolbars are locked. For example,
> when creating a new tab, the menu and link toolbars collapse into the same
> row. I'd like this action to stop. Any fixes? Thanks.
>

> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Open the link on Viktor's post in that thread (Quero Toolbar). Read
>> this FAQ: http://www.quero.at/faq.html
>>

>> deerslayer wrote:
>>> What kind of retarded answer is this? I posted a completely
>>> different question yesterday. That topic was about skins for IE7. Now I
>>> post a question about the toolbars which wrongly keep moving
>>> around even when they've been locked and you refer me to my own
>>> question about skins??? Thanks PA Bear and I hope its not asking too
>>> much to actually read a question first.

deerslayer

Re: IE7 moving toolbar

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Other than Quero Toolbar (which allows you to customize the IE7
> toolbar layout), there are only limited changes you can make to the
> IE-specific toolbars (e.g., Menu bar; Command bar).
>
> How to move the Standard toolbar [Menu bar] to a location above the
> Address bar
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930645
>
> Remove search bar from IE 7
> http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/200...from-ie-7.html
>
> Hide/Show Command bar and/or Menu bar
> http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/200...-settings.html
>
> Third-party toolbars, especially multiple toolbars (e.g., Google;
> Yahoo; Windows Live; Skype; Roboform; etc.) however can be a big
> problem. Most of them have very strong opinions of where they should
> be located: You might be able to move them around but they'll hardly
> ever stay in the new position(s), even if you Lock the toolbar.
>
> Also related to the postitioning problem is the version (age) of the
> third-party toolbar(s) you have installed. It's best to make sure
> you've done a clean install of the most recent version(s), and only
> install the ones you simply can't /live/ without.
>
> You may be interested in...
>
> Prevent Internet Explorer Toolbar Layout from being Reset
> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/pr...m-being-reset/
>
> Good luck.
>
> deerslayer wrote:
>> Umm... thanks but I'm not using Quero. The link you provided and my
>> previous request for IE skins have absolutely nothing to do with my
>> question/issue about the IE toolbars moving around.
>>
>> Still unanswered question:
>> Does anybody have a solution to stop the IE toolbars from moving
>> around after they've been locked? The menu and link toolbars, which
>> I put on separate rows, jump to share the same row inadvertantly. I
>> don't want this
>> to happen and it occurs even when the toolbars are locked. For
>> example, when creating a new tab, the menu and link toolbars
>> collapse into the same row. I'd like this action to stop. Any
>> fixes? Thanks. PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Open the link on Viktor's post in that thread (Quero Toolbar). Read
>>> this FAQ: http://www.quero.at/faq.html

bobster

Re: IE7 moving toolbar
Deerslayer,

You should listen to PA Bear. His suggestion to look at the Quero tool bar
is a good one. I have been using it for over a year and it transforms
Internet Explorer into an easily manageable format with NO adverse effects.
Get rid of all of those controlling, intrusive toolbars (Google, Yahoo,
etc.) and just use basic IE with the Quero toolbar. It allows you to move
just about anything to just about anywhere you would like it to appear, then
lock it in place. If you decide you don't like it, a single click returns
you to the basic Internet Explorer format. My guess is that once you try
the Quero toolbar, you would never go back.

Get it here: www.quero.at

And BTW, I have no connection with Quero or Viktor Krammer other than being
a very satisfied user of his free Quero toolbar.