IE7 and McAfee

Glennc

IE7 and McAfee
I downloaded McAfee anti-virus and spyware because it 's free with my
provider. Since then IE7 freezes and says internet explorer not responding.
Could McAfee really cause this problem even though I have Spyware with my
security package.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 and McAfee
Yes.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Glennc wrote:
> I downloaded McAfee anti-virus and spyware because it 's free with my
> provider. Since then IE7 freezes and says internet explorer not responding.
> Could McAfee really cause this problem even though I have Spyware with my
> security package.

Re: IE7 and McAfee
What anti-virus application was installed before you installed the McAfee
freebie and was the subscription still current? Is it still installed? Has
a Norton or another McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Glennc wrote:
> I downloaded McAfee anti-virus and spyware because it 's free with my
> provider. Since then IE7 freezes and says internet explorer not
> responding.
> Could McAfee really cause this problem even though I have Spyware with my
> security package.

Glennc

Re: IE7 and McAfee
Yes I had Norton and Webroot. I am pretty sure I uninstalled them before I
downloaded McAfee.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What anti-virus application was installed before you installed the McAfee
> freebie and was the subscription still current? Is it still installed? Has
> a Norton or another McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Glennc wrote:
> > I downloaded McAfee anti-virus and spyware because it 's free with my
> > provider. Since then IE7 freezes and says internet explorer not
> > responding.
> > Could McAfee really cause this problem even though I have Spyware with my
> > security package.

Re: IE7 and McAfee
"Pretty sure" may not cut it. Is anything named Norton, Symantec or Webroot
still listed in Add/Remove Programs? How about LiveUpdate?

Have you (also) downloaded & run the Norton Removal Tool?