Text alignment

grc207

Text alignment
I am having a new issue with IE7. My text shows odd spaces. The text also
does not line up with tabs on some pages. The links always work, but they
are not where the writing is.
Don Varnau

Re: Text alignment
Hi,
1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)
2. Did you make a software change (install or update a third-party security
program, toolbar, etc) just before the problem began?
3. Please post some URLs where the problems occur.
4. What third-party security programs are installed and running?

Starting point:
With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"grc207" <grc207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having a new issue with IE7. My text shows odd spaces. The text

also
> does not line up with tabs on some pages. The links always work, but they
> are not where the writing is.

grc207

Re: Text alignment
I am using XP with SP3, I believe. The problem has been occurring for about
a week. I am certain that I have not made any changes to software in the
last week. I am running Spybot and Windows Defender for security. To better
describe the problem, as I fill out this form. some spaces appear between
letters and some letters seem stuck together. It is random. On any website
that has a list of pages at the bottom or top, the text does not line up with
the page link. I can try the Explorer reset, but I am sure that you know
that I would like to do it as a last resort.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)
> 2. Did you make a software change (install or update a third-party security
> program, toolbar, etc) just before the problem began?
> 3. Please post some URLs where the problems occur.
> 4. What third-party security programs are installed and running?
>
> Starting point:
> With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> passwords and you will have to reinstall or re enable browser add-ons, work
> through this article:
> 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "grc207" <grc207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am having a new issue with IE7. My text shows odd spaces. The text

> also
> > does not line up with tabs on some pages. The links always work, but they
> > are not where the writing is.

Don Varnau

Re: Text alignment
Hi,
I'd still recommend working through this procedure as a first step:
> > 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:

One of the earlier steps, such as clearing the Temporary Internet Files, may
help before you get all the way to a Reset of IE.

IE PassView can help you recover all stored passwords before stored login
data is cleared.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html

> I am using XP with SP3, I believe. The problem has been occurring for

about
> a week. I am certain that I have not made any changes to software in the
> last week. I am running Spybot and Windows Defender for security. To

better
> describe the problem, as I fill out this form. some spaces appear between
> letters and some letters seem stuck together. It is random. On any

website
> that has a list of pages at the bottom or top, the text does not line up

with
> the page link. I can try the Explorer reset, but I am sure that you know
> that I would like to do it as a last resort.

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > 1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)
> > 2. Did you make a software change (install or update a third-party

security
> > program, toolbar, etc) just before the problem began?
> > 3. Please post some URLs where the problems occur.
> > 4. What third-party security programs are installed and running?
> >
> > Starting point:
> > With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> > passwords and you will have to reinstall or re enable browser add-ons,

work
> > through this article:
> > 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:

> > "grc207" <grc207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am having a new issue with IE7. My text shows odd spaces. The text

> > also
> > > does not line up with tabs on some pages. The links always work, but

they
> > > are not where the writing is.

Mark B

Re: Text alignment
Hi,

I have a similar discrepancy with IE 7. The textbox, radiobutton
misalignment is of importance to me as I am developing in Visual Studio.
When the 'Change Zoom Level' in IE 7 is changed, or if Ctrl + Mouse wheel is
used to zoom the webpage, textboxes, radiobuttons and text misalign. This
does not just happen with my website, but with other vendor’s sites, as well
as Google when viewed in IE 7. IE 6, FireFox, Safari does not have this
issue, so I suggest it is an IE 7 issue.

If we do not get any confirmation of a bug from MS, we should also post this
on MSDN.

Mark

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd still recommend working through this procedure as a first step:
> > > 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

> One of the earlier steps, such as clearing the Temporary Internet Files, may
> help before you get all the way to a Reset of IE.
>
> IE PassView can help you recover all stored passwords before stored login
> data is cleared.
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "grc207" <grc207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using XP with SP3, I believe. The problem has been occurring for

> about
> > a week. I am certain that I have not made any changes to software in the
> > last week. I am running Spybot and Windows Defender for security. To

> better
> > describe the problem, as I fill out this form. some spaces appear between
> > letters and some letters seem stuck together. It is random. On any

> website
> > that has a list of pages at the bottom or top, the text does not line up

> with
> > the page link. I can try the Explorer reset, but I am sure that you know
> > that I would like to do it as a last resort.

> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > 1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)
> > > 2. Did you make a software change (install or update a third-party

> security
> > > program, toolbar, etc) just before the problem began?
> > > 3. Please post some URLs where the problems occur.
> > > 4. What third-party security programs are installed and running?
> > >
> > > Starting point:
> > > With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> > > passwords and you will have to reinstall or re enable browser add-ons,

> work
> > > through this article:
> > > 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

> > > "grc207" <grc207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > also

> they

Don Varnau

Re: Text alignment
Hi,
Since Mark mentioned Zoom, do you have IE zoomed to something greater than
100% ?

I see the letter spacing issue when zoomed.

Also while zoomed, some other spacing/alignment issues resolve when I force
the screen to repaint by scrolling or by going to a maximized window then
back to a normal window.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"grc207" <grc207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using XP with SP3, I believe. The problem has been occurring for

about
> a week. I am certain that I have not made any changes to software in the
> last week. I am running Spybot and Windows Defender for security. To

better
> describe the problem, as I fill out this form. some spaces appear between
> letters and some letters seem stuck together. It is random. On any

website
> that has a list of pages at the bottom or top, the text does not line up

with
> the page link. I can try the Explorer reset, but I am sure that you know
> that I would like to do it as a last resort.

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > 1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)
> > 2. Did you make a software change (install or update a third-party

security
> > program, toolbar, etc) just before the problem began?
> > 3. Please post some URLs where the problems occur.
> > 4. What third-party security programs are installed and running?
> >
> > Starting point:
> > With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> > passwords and you will have to reinstall or re enable browser add-ons,

work
> > through this article:
> > 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:

> > "grc207" <grc207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am having a new issue with IE7. My text shows odd spaces. The text

> > also
> > > does not line up with tabs on some pages. The links always work, but

they
> > > are not where the writing is.

Mark B

Re: Text alignment
Hi Don,

Any idea if there is a patch for this issue, will it be fixed in IE 8? For
sure it is IE 7, as no other browser has this problem. I have tried altering
align in Visual Studio, adapted my CSS files and nothing. I cannot just tell
my users to not use IE 7 as it is very popular. I have decided to post this
on the VS MSDN as well.

Best wishes,

Mark

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Since Mark mentioned Zoom, do you have IE zoomed to something greater than
> 100% ?
>
> I see the letter spacing issue when zoomed.
>
> Also while zoomed, some other spacing/alignment issues resolve when I force
> the screen to repaint by scrolling or by going to a maximized window then
> back to a normal window.
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "grc207" <grc207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using XP with SP3, I believe. The problem has been occurring for

> about
> > a week. I am certain that I have not made any changes to software in the
> > last week. I am running Spybot and Windows Defender for security. To

> better
> > describe the problem, as I fill out this form. some spaces appear between
> > letters and some letters seem stuck together. It is random. On any

> website
> > that has a list of pages at the bottom or top, the text does not line up

> with
> > the page link. I can try the Explorer reset, but I am sure that you know
> > that I would like to do it as a last resort.

> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > 1. Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- SP1,SP2,etc.)
> > > 2. Did you make a software change (install or update a third-party

> security
> > > program, toolbar, etc) just before the problem began?
> > > 3. Please post some URLs where the problems occur.
> > > 4. What third-party security programs are installed and running?
> > >
> > > Starting point:
> > > With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
> > > passwords and you will have to reinstall or re enable browser add-ons,

> work
> > > through this article:
> > > 936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

> > > "grc207" <grc207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > also

> they

Don Varnau

Re: Text alignment
Hi,
I doubt that zoom on IE7 will be changed. The IE team has been working on
zoom issues throughout beta testing for IE8.

You may have found these, but perhaps something in one of these
posts/documents will help:

IEBlog- Internet Explorer 8 and Adaptive Zoom:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...tive-zoom.aspx

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1 Whitepapers - Release Zoom v2:
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/ie8wh...?ReleaseId=563

Don
[MS MVP- IE]