Feeds Location

Shane

Feeds Location
Greetings,

I am trying to back up my Favorites and Feeds. I've already found my
Favorites at:

c:\Users\Shane\Favorites\

but I can't find my feeds. Does anyone know where they are?

I'm using ie7 on Vista SP1.

Thanks,
Shane.

Re: Feeds Location
IE File | Import and Export | Export Feeds | ...
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Shane wrote:
> I am trying to back up my Favorites and Feeds. I've already found my
> Favorites at:
>
> c:\Users\Shane\Favorites\
>
> but I can't find my feeds. Does anyone know where they are?
>
> I'm using ie7 on Vista SP1.

ju.c

Re: Feeds Location
In XP, feeds are stored here:

C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Your Feeds\

For Vista, search for files "*.rss" then post the folder path here for other to see.

ju.c

"Shane" <nospam_goodman@live.ca> wrote in message news:E441183B-7B65-452E-9E7F-AE39071CB5E3@microsoft.com...
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to back up my Favorites and Feeds. I've already found my
> Favorites at:
>
> c:\Users\Shane\Favorites\
>
> but I can't find my feeds. Does anyone know where they are?
>
> I'm using ie7 on Vista SP1.
>
> Thanks,
> Shane.

Shane

Re: Feeds Location
> For Vista, search for files "*.rss" then post the folder path here for
> other to see.

I searched my computer, and the only results that I could find were:

c:\Users\Shane\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Your
Feeds\Microsoft Feeds\

But does Windows Live Mail manage the Common Feed List? I thought Internet
Explorer did that.

Thanks,
Shane.
Windows Vista SP1
Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

Re: Feeds Location
WLMail uses IE's Feeds.

Shane wrote:
>> For Vista, search for files "*.rss" then post the folder path here for
>> other to see.

> I searched my computer, and the only results that I could find were:
>
> c:\Users\Shane\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Your
> Feeds\Microsoft Feeds\
>
> But does Windows Live Mail manage the Common Feed List? I thought Internet
> Explorer did that.
>
> Thanks,
> Shane.
> Windows Vista SP1
> Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

Shane

Re: Feeds Location
> WLMail uses IE's Feeds.

Where does IE store the feeds? Once I know the location I can back it up.

Thanks,
Shane.

Re: Feeds Location
See my first reply: You backup IE7 Feeds by export them.

Shane wrote:
>> WLMail uses IE's Feeds.

> Where does IE store the feeds? Once I know the location I can back it up.
>
> Thanks,
> Shane.

Shane

Re: Feeds Location
> See my first reply: You backup IE7 Feeds by export them.

I saw your first reply. The backup software that I use can't be trained to
open Internet Explorer and then go through the whole process of exporting
feeds. So I was asking for the location that the feeds are stored.

Shane.

Re: Feeds Location
I wouldn't recommend backing up Feeds using software but the Feeds folder is
a subfolder of C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft <=this folder, Shane.

So if you're already backing up any of the higher containing folders, it's
part of your back up already.

Shane wrote:
>> See my first reply: You backup IE7 Feeds by export them.

> I saw your first reply. The backup software that I use can't be trained to
> open Internet Explorer and then go through the whole process of exporting
> feeds. So I was asking for the location that the feeds are stored.

ju.c

Re: Feeds Location
Vista's Internet Explorer Feeds are stored here:
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Feeds\

and/or here:

C\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Your Feeds\Microsoft Feeds\

Enter the paths into your backup program. A folder may be empty,
but you've got both possible feeds paths now.

ju.c