Javascript Not Enabled

Dad

Javascript Not Enabled
Hi,

I can no longer view YouTube videos due to an apparent disabled Javascript.
Tools/Manage Add-ons/Enable-Disable Add-ons does not show Javascript
nor any Add-on that is disabled.

How do I fix this?

I am running IE7 on VistaSP1.

Thanks,
Gary

VanguardLH

Re: Javascript Not Enabled
Dad wrote:

> I can no longer view YouTube videos due to an apparent disabled Javascript.
> Tools/Manage Add-ons/Enable-Disable Add-ons does not show Javascript
> nor any Add-on that is disabled.
>
> I am running IE7 on VistaSP1.

Javascript is not an add-on. It's an parser & interpreter engine built
into whatever product contains one. Each browser has one (that is
different than the one in a different brand of browser) and so do many
PDF utilities. Did you check advanced options in IE to see if scripting
was enabled?
Caspar

RE: Javascript Not Enabled
are you sure? I had the same problem and had to reinstall adobe flash.

First uninstall it:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...romo ID=DRNTE

And install it again.

"Dad" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can no longer view YouTube videos due to an apparent disabled Javascript.
> Tools/Manage Add-ons/Enable-Disable Add-ons does not show Javascript
> nor any Add-on that is disabled.
>
> How do I fix this?
>
> I am running IE7 on VistaSP1.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

Michel Doucet

Re: Javascript Not Enabled
Bonjour/soir, le Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:51:21 -0500, *Dad* a caressé son
clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> I can no longer view YouTube videos due to an apparent disabled
> Javascript. Tools/Manage Add-ons/Enable-Disable Add-ons does not show
> Javascript nor any Add-on that is disabled.

Do not confuse Java, Javascript and Flashplayer.

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courrielleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et l'OS avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...
Dad

Re: Javascript Not Enabled
> Dad wrote:
>
>> I can no longer view YouTube videos due to an apparent disabled Javascript.
>> Tools/Manage Add-ons/Enable-Disable Add-ons does not show Javascript
>> nor any Add-on that is disabled.

> Javascript is not an add-on. It's an parser & interpreter engine built
> into whatever product contains one. Each browser has one (that is

I created a webpage with a small JavaScript routine and ran it. It worked so
JavaScript must be enabled. I reinstalled flash player in case. That didn't
help.
Flash player works in other sites. I didn't find a checkbox that en/disables
JavaScript in the Advanced section of IE Options.

I don't do much YouTube and it works on my desktop so this isn't too
critical. But it should work.

Thanks,
Gary

VanguardLH

Re: Javascript Not Enabled
Dad wrote:

> I created a webpage with a small JavaScript routine and ran it. It
> worked so JavaScript must be enabled. I reinstalled flash player in
> case. That didn't help. Flash player works in other sites.

Did you try running IE7 in its no add-ons mode? Perhaps you installed
an add-on that blocks Flash content (and may choose what to block based
on a white- or blacklist).

> I didn't find a checkbox that en/disables JavaScript in the Advanced
> section of IE Options.

Web browsers do not support Basic, Perl, Python, PHP, C/bash/korn
shell, or other scripting languages. Just Javascript. So the
"Scripting" support in advanced options *is* the Javascript support.

> I don't do much YouTube and it works on my desktop so this isn't too
> critical. But it should work.

Did you ever purge your TIF and cookies?
Donald Anadell

Re: Javascript Not Enabled

"Dad" <abbybrown@charter.net> wrote in message
>> Dad wrote:
>>
>>> I can no longer view YouTube videos due to an apparent disabled
>>> Javascript.
>>> Tools/Manage Add-ons/Enable-Disable Add-ons does not show Javascript
>>> nor any Add-on that is disabled.

>> Javascript is not an add-on. It's an parser & interpreter engine built
>> into whatever product contains one. Each browser has one (that is

> I created a webpage with a small JavaScript routine and ran it. It worked
> so
> JavaScript must be enabled.

JavaScript support in the Internet Zone for IE7 is turned On and Off at the
following location:

Tools||Internet Options||Security(tab)||Internet(Zone)||Custom
Level...||Scripting

Enable||Disable the Item named "Active scripting"

> I reinstalled flash player in case. That didn't help.
> Flash player works in other sites.

If you go to the following YouTube test site, what happens?

http://www.youtube.com/swf_test.html

At this site, if Active Scripting is Enabled(as described above) and the
latest secure version of the Flash Player is installed properly on your
machine then you should see the following:

1. You should see a Player with a spinning circle in the middle of the
Player screen.

2. You should see some wording below the Player that looks like this:

"got ShockWaveFlash ActiveXObject object for 10"
"good version:10"
"SWF Detect Flash version is: WIN 10,0,22,87"

Is this what you see when you visit the site? If not then describe what you
do see including any error messages.

> I didn't find a checkbox that en/disables
> JavaScript in the Advanced section of IE Options.

See above.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> I don't do much YouTube and it works on my desktop so this isn't too
> critical. But it should work.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

Dad

Re: Javascript Not Enabled
"Caspar" <Caspar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> are you sure? I had the same problem and had to reinstall adobe flash.
>
> First uninstall it:
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...romo ID=DRNTE
>
> And install it again.

Uninstalling it first was the key. I missed that point when first read your
post.

Thanks,
Gary

DuckThom

Re: Javascript Not Enabled
did you download the javascript?

hope this helps,
DuckThom
"Dad" <abbybrown@charter.net> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> I can no longer view YouTube videos due to an apparent disabled
> Javascript. Tools/Manage Add-ons/Enable-Disable Add-ons does not show
> Javascript nor any Add-on that is disabled.
> How do I fix this?
>
> I am running IE7 on VistaSP1.
> Thanks,
> Gary

Eric

Re: Javascript Not Enabled
About a week ago, I had a problem with Flash due to an automatic update from
Adobe (and couldn't view youtube and other flash-based sites). I also
couldn't get Flash to reinstall, no matter how hard I tried. I then
discovered and followed the instructions on this page:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...9166&sliceId=1

Specifically, the instructions about halfway down under the heading:
"Windows Vista installation failure". Following those instructions repaired
it for me, so if you try to re-install the flash player from www.flash.com
and find it still doesn't work, you might give those instructions a try.

I'm sorry if this isn't the problem you're having, but I thought I'd throw
this out there for you because it saved the half of my hair I hadn't pulled
out yet. ;-)

Eric