What about IE8 non-compatable pages

J Joy

What about IE8 non-compatable pages
My organisations work page had been designed to work with IE versions lesser
than 8 or Beta. Thus after my auto-updation to IE8 I am facing problem
openning and working withmy Cos website... the page on every input stops for
afew secs before running again ... (Compatibility view is of no use) My
organisation's MIS team has advised me to reload a lesser ver of IE.
I am on XP Pro SP-2. Pentium Dual Core 1GB R/80GB HD.
I want to know isnt there any other option.. secondly if I uninstall this
ver and reload IE 7 will any saved datas/features be lost..
Leonard Grey

Re: What about IE8 non-compatable pages
A new noun: auto-updation.

Internet Explorer 8 has not been released, so you were not automatically
updated (if that's what you mean) to IE 8. What's available now is
unfinished code intended primarily for web developers to use for
testing. You /chose/ to update to unfinished code.

The best thing for you to do is to uninstall IE 8 RC1, which
automatically returns you to your previous version of Internet Explorer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

J Joy wrote:
> My organisations work page had been designed to work with IE versions lesser
> than 8 or Beta. Thus after my auto-updation to IE8 I am facing problem
> openning and working withmy Cos website... the page on every input stops for
> afew secs before running again ... (Compatibility view is of no use) My
> organisation's MIS team has advised me to reload a lesser ver of IE.
> I am on XP Pro SP-2. Pentium Dual Core 1GB R/80GB HD.
> I want to know isnt there any other option.. secondly if I uninstall this
> ver and reload IE 7 will any saved datas/features be lost..

Bruce Hagen

Re: What about IE8 non-compatable pages
IE8 RC1 was not included in an automatic update. If you have the option
checked, Microsoft Updates will /offer/ you a beta program, but you have to
accept it.

How to uninstall, or remove, Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

Internet Explorer Beta Newsgroups.

In Your Newsreader:

In The Web Interface:

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

"J Joy" <JJoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My organisations work page had been designed to work with IE versions
> lesser
> than 8 or Beta. Thus after my auto-updation to IE8 I am facing problem
> openning and working withmy Cos website... the page on every input stops
> for
> afew secs before running again ... (Compatibility view is of no use) My
> organisation's MIS team has advised me to reload a lesser ver of IE.
> I am on XP Pro SP-2. Pentium Dual Core 1GB R/80GB HD.
> I want to know isnt there any other option.. secondly if I uninstall this
> ver and reload IE 7 will any saved datas/features be lost..

Re: What about IE8 non-compatable pages
IE8 is /still/ in beta so read...

<QP>
NOTE: Use beta software at your own risk; it is intended for testing and
evaluation purposes only. Do not install beta software on your primary
computer or production environment.
</QP>
Source: Windows Update website, bottom of Change Settings page.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/