IE Security message pop-up

J.L.

IE Security message pop-up
I'm using IE7 on a brand new Vista computer.
EVERY time I go to a new page the same notice pops up: A website wants to
open using this program...etc. Every time the program is
....\microsoftmoney\System\urlmap.exe. No matter what button I push it then
disappears until I move to another page then there the darn thing is again.
How can I get rid of it permanently??
Donald Anadell

Re: IE Security message pop-up

"J.L." <JL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using IE7 on a brand new Vista computer.
> EVERY time I go to a new page the same notice pops up: A website wants to
> open using this program...etc. Every time the program is
> ...\microsoftmoney\System\urlmap.exe. No matter what button I push it
> then
> disappears until I move to another page then there the darn thing is
> again.
> How can I get rid of it permanently??

Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode?

If not, then use Manage Add-ons and look for an add-on called "MoneySide"
and disable that Add-on.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

J.L.

Re: IE Security message pop-up
How do I start in no ad ons? I did disable 2 add ons that mentioned money
but that pop up continues to harass me.

> How do I start in no ad ons?

Try rightclicking the IE7 desktop icon and choose "Start without Add-ons",
or look in All programs System Tools for an item called "Internet Explorer
(No Add-ons)".

> I did disable 2 add ons that mentioned money
> but that pop up continues to harass me.

Troubleshooting Add-ons in IE7:

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>

>> "J.L." <JL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm using IE7 on a brand new Vista computer.
>> > EVERY time I go to a new page the same notice pops up: A website wants
>> > open using this program...etc. Every time the program is
>> > ...\microsoftmoney\System\urlmap.exe. No matter what button I push it
>> > then
>> > disappears until I move to another page then there the darn thing is
>> > again.
>> > How can I get rid of it permanently??

>> Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode?
>>
>> If not, then use Manage Add-ons and look for an add-on called "MoneySide"
>> and disable that Add-on.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell

J.L.

Re: IE Security message pop-up
I did everything you suggested at which time I lost my wireless internet
connection ( a recurring problem with this new computer) When I finally got
back on everything was the same....that notice will not stop.

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "J.L." <JL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > How do I start in no ad ons?

> Try rightclicking the IE7 desktop icon and choose "Start without Add-ons",
> or look in All programs System Tools for an item called "Internet Explorer
> (No Add-ons)".
>
> > I did disable 2 add ons that mentioned money
> > but that pop up continues to harass me.

> Troubleshooting Add-ons in IE7:
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

> > "Donald Anadell" wrote:
> >

> >> "J.L." <JL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode?
> >>
> >> If not, then use Manage Add-ons and look for an add-on called "MoneySide"
> >> and disable that Add-on.
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Donald Anadell

Re: IE Security message pop-up
[Crossposted to microsoft.public.money newsgroup]

What version of MS Money did you install on your new Vista computer?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

J.L. wrote:
> I'm using IE7 on a brand new Vista computer.
> EVERY time I go to a new page the same notice pops up: A website wants to
> open using this program...etc. Every time the program is
> ...\microsoftmoney\System\urlmap.exe. No matter what button I push it
> then
> disappears until I move to another page then there the darn thing is
> again.
> How can I get rid of it permanently??

Ken

Re: IE Security message pop-up
The following from google search.......

URLMap.exe Description : URLMAP is a program which gets installed with all
versions of Microsoft Money 2002. URLMAP runs in the background and works
with Internet Explorer and the MoneySide applet from Microsoft Money. URLMAP
monitors the web pages you visit and if you come to a page with financial
information which may be relevant to the sort of personal financial
information you keep in Microsoft Money, URLMAP then brings up the MoneySide
toolbar which enables you to access, from within Internet Explorer, data
that you keep in Microsoft Money.

URLMap.exe Recommendation : This is a matter of personal preference. If you
want to disable MoneySide, and URLMAP in the process, start MoneySide by
clicking the MoneySide icon in Internet Explorer, then go to the "Help \
Settings" menu option, then choose Never under Open MoneySide (you can
always start MoneySide manually).

| [Crossposted to microsoft.public.money newsgroup]
|
| What version of MS Money did you install on your new Vista computer?
| --
| ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
| AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
| DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
|
| J.L. wrote:
| > I'm using IE7 on a brand new Vista computer.
| > EVERY time I go to a new page the same notice pops up: A website wants
| > open using this program...etc. Every time the program is
| > ...\microsoftmoney\System\urlmap.exe. No matter what button I push it
| > then
| > disappears until I move to another page then there the darn thing is
| > again.
| > How can I get rid of it permanently??

Re: IE Security message pop-up
[Do you think Money 2002 is supported in Vista?]

Ken wrote:
> The following from google search.......
>
> URLMap.exe Description : URLMAP is a program which gets installed with all
> versions of Microsoft Money 2002. URLMAP runs in the background and works
> with Internet Explorer and the MoneySide applet from Microsoft Money.
> URLMAP
> monitors the web pages you visit and if you come to a page with financial
> information which may be relevant to the sort of personal financial
> information you keep in Microsoft Money, URLMAP then brings up the
> MoneySide
> toolbar which enables you to access, from within Internet Explorer, data
> that you keep in Microsoft Money.
>
> URLMap.exe Recommendation : This is a matter of personal preference. If
> you
> want to disable MoneySide, and URLMAP in the process, start MoneySide by
> clicking the MoneySide icon in Internet Explorer, then go to the "Help \
> Settings" menu option, then choose Never under Open MoneySide (you can
> always start MoneySide manually).

>> [Crossposted to microsoft.public.money newsgroup]
>>
>> What version of MS Money did you install on your new Vista computer?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> J.L. wrote:
>>> I'm using IE7 on a brand new Vista computer.
>>> EVERY time I go to a new page the same notice pops up: A website wants
>>> open using this program...etc. Every time the program is
>>> ...\microsoftmoney\System\urlmap.exe. No matter what button I push it
>>> then
>>> disappears until I move to another page then there the darn thing is
>>> again.
>>> How can I get rid of it permanently??

J.L.

Re: IE Security message pop-up
Thank You Ken. That did the trick.

"Ken" wrote:

> The following from google search.......
>
> URLMap.exe Description : URLMAP is a program which gets installed with all
> versions of Microsoft Money 2002. URLMAP runs in the background and works
> with Internet Explorer and the MoneySide applet from Microsoft Money. URLMAP
> monitors the web pages you visit and if you come to a page with financial
> information which may be relevant to the sort of personal financial
> information you keep in Microsoft Money, URLMAP then brings up the MoneySide
> toolbar which enables you to access, from within Internet Explorer, data
> that you keep in Microsoft Money.
>
> URLMap.exe Recommendation : This is a matter of personal preference. If you
> want to disable MoneySide, and URLMAP in the process, start MoneySide by
> clicking the MoneySide icon in Internet Explorer, then go to the "Help \
> Settings" menu option, then choose Never under Open MoneySide (you can
> always start MoneySide manually).

> | [Crossposted to microsoft.public.money newsgroup]
> |
> | What version of MS Money did you install on your new Vista computer?
> | --
> | ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> | MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> | AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> | DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> |
> | J.L. wrote:
> | > I'm using IE7 on a brand new Vista computer.
> | > EVERY time I go to a new page the same notice pops up: A website wants
> | > open using this program...etc. Every time the program is
> | > ...\microsoftmoney\System\urlmap.exe. No matter what button I push it
> | > then
> | > disappears until I move to another page then there the darn thing is
> | > again.
> | > How can I get rid of it permanently??

Lynn Henderson

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> [Do you think Money 2002 is supported in Vista?]
>
> Ken wrote:
>> The following from google search.......
>>
>> URLMap.exe Description : URLMAP is a program which gets installed with
>> all
>> versions of Microsoft Money 2002. URLMAP runs in the background and works
>> with Internet Explorer and the MoneySide applet from Microsoft Money.
>> URLMAP
>> monitors the web pages you visit and if you come to a page with financial
>> information which may be relevant to the sort of personal financial
>> information you keep in Microsoft Money, URLMAP then brings up the
>> MoneySide
>> toolbar which enables you to access, from within Internet Explorer, data
>> that you keep in Microsoft Money.
>>
>> URLMap.exe Recommendation : This is a matter of personal preference.
>> If you
>> want to disable MoneySide, and URLMAP in the process, start MoneySide by
>> clicking the MoneySide icon in Internet Explorer, then go to the "Help \
>> Settings" menu option, then choose Never under Open MoneySide (you can
>> always start MoneySide manually).

>>> [Crossposted to microsoft.public.money newsgroup]
>>>
>>> What version of MS Money did you install on your new Vista computer?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

I run Money 2002 on Vista x64, and MoneySide did present some problems.
I think I ended up having to disable the add-on in IE 7 (Tools /
Manage Add-ons / Enable or Disable Add-ons...).