Pull-down menu shows too much

Rick

Pull-down menu shows too much
Hi. My friend has asked me the following question, but I don't know
the answer.

"When I used to go on internet, the pull down menu with that down
arrow used to list all the internet sites I had been to so I could
usually just choose the one I want without typing the .com address
everytime. That stopped. Now that pull down menu shows every folder
that I went to in my law office folder (or any folder), as well as the
internet sites. I want that pull down menu to only have the internet
sites. WAH WAh, what do I do? (I know I did something to change it
but have no clue, I'm just down here pressing buttons with impunity,
at times, I guess)."

Do you know what she's talking about? Is there an option to set
somewhere in the bowels of internet explorer to give her only the
internet sites she's been to, and not locations on her disk?

Regards,

Rick
VanguardLH

Re: Pull-down menu shows too much
Rick wrote:

> Hi. My friend has asked me the following question, but I don't know
> the answer.
>
> "When I used to go on internet, the pull down menu with that down
> arrow used to list all the internet sites I had been to so I could
> usually just choose the one I want without typing the .com address
> everytime. That stopped. Now that pull down menu shows every folder
> that I went to in my law office folder (or any folder), as well as the
> internet sites. I want that pull down menu to only have the internet
> sites. WAH WAh, what do I do? (I know I did something to change it
> but have no clue, I'm just down here pressing buttons with impunity,
> at times, I guess)."
>
> Do you know what she's talking about? Is there an option to set
> somewhere in the bowels of internet explorer to give her only the
> internet sites she's been to, and not locations on her disk?

Sounds like this user used to use INTERNET Explorer as the web server
app and then at some point started using WINDOWS Explorer because
putting a URL into its address bar also opens a web site.