Newly installed Internet Explorer 8.0 will not clear print queue

Mister Charmin

Newly installed Internet Explorer 8.0 will not clear print queue
We were having problems with Internet explorer 7.0 and were advised to remove
it and download the latest version of Internet Explorer. After doing so the
program itself now works terriffically but we have inherited a new issue.
When one tab is opened and something is sent to the printer (doesn't matter
whether network or local) it prints successfully but then when a second
screen or another tab is opened and you try to submit a print it sends the
previous file again as though the print queue is not being cleared. You can
not get rid of the original print until you completely log out of windows and
then go back in??

the system is Windows 2002 XP SP3
and the Internet Explorer is 8.0

Re: Newly installed Internet Explorer 8.0 will not clear print queue
IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Mister Charmin wrote:
> We were having problems with Internet explorer 7.0 and were advised to
> remove it and download the latest version of Internet Explorer. After
> doing
> so the program itself now works terriffically but we have inherited a new
> issue. When one tab is opened and something is sent to the printer
> (doesn't
> matter whether network or local) it prints successfully but then when a
> second screen or another tab is opened and you try to submit a print it
> sends the previous file again as though the print queue is not being
> cleared. You can not get rid of the original print until you completely
> log
> out of windows and then go back in??
>
> the system is Windows 2002 XP SP3
> and the Internet Explorer is 8.0

Leonard Grey

Re: Newly installed Internet Explorer 8.0 will not clear print queue
Internet Explorer 7 /is/ the latest version of Internet Explorer. IE 8
has not been released yet, and probably won't be for a few more months.

Uninstalling Internet Explorer 8 RC1 will return you to IE 7. What
problem are you having with IE 7? Please be as specific as you can.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Mister Charmin wrote:
> We were having problems with Internet explorer 7.0 and were advised to remove
> it and download the latest version of Internet Explorer. After doing so the
> program itself now works terriffically but we have inherited a new issue.
> When one tab is opened and something is sent to the printer (doesn't matter
> whether network or local) it prints successfully but then when a second
> screen or another tab is opened and you try to submit a print it sends the
> previous file again as though the print queue is not being cleared. You can
> not get rid of the original print until you completely log out of windows and
> then go back in??
>
> the system is Windows 2002 XP SP3
> and the Internet Explorer is 8.0

Mister Charmin

Re: Newly installed Internet Explorer 8.0 will not clear print que
Any time an Internet Explorer window was opened and then a second window(tab)
was openened the program would freeze up. even going to task manager was
unable to de-freeze. The only alternative was to reboot. It was happeniing
repeatedly so we were advised to remove IE and download the latest version
avaialable and re-install which I did. The Microsoft site lists 8.0 as being
available for download and the "most recent" so that is what I downloaded.
The program works fine opens multiple windows and is much faster than the old
version of 7.0 that was on the PC but we inherited this new quirk with the
printer problem??

My plan is to try removing the printers and reinstalling them this m****ing
to see if the remedies the problem??