Why does only one tab open when I start IE?

JS

Why does only one tab open when I start IE?
I have two home pages set as in Internet Options but only one opens when I
start IE. How do I get them both to open automatically?
Leonard Grey

Re: Why does only one tab open when I start IE?
Set the Tab Group as your home page instead of an individual tab.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

JS wrote:
> I have two home pages set as in Internet Options but only one opens when I
> start IE. How do I get them both to open automatically?

JS

Re: Why does only one tab open when I start IE?
I did set the tab group as my home page. But when I start IE only the first
one in the group opens. If I click the Home icon from my toolbar, then both
will open.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Set the Tab Group as your home page instead of an individual tab.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> JS wrote:
> > I have two home pages set as in Internet Options but only one opens when I
> > start IE. How do I get them both to open automatically?

Re: Why does only one tab open when I start IE?
Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

JS wrote:
> I did set the tab group as my home page. But when I start IE only the
> first
> one in the group opens. If I click the Home icon from my toolbar, then
> both
> will open.
>
>> Set the Tab Group as your home page instead of an individual tab.
>>
>> JS wrote:
>>> I have two home pages set as in Internet Options but only one opens when
>>> start IE. How do I get them both to open automatically?

VanguardLH

JS wrote:

> I have two home pages set as in Internet Options but only one opens when I
> start IE. How do I get them both to open automatically?

In the list of URLs in the Home page textbox in options, only the first
one in that list gets opened, not all of them. While you can define
multiple URLs for home pages, those are for tabs. When you open IE7,
only one home page is opened and that is the first one in the list.

This is the default behavior. If you want to change it then disable the
"Open only the first home page when Internet Explorer opens" tabbing
option.
bill allemann

Re: Why does only one tab open when I start IE?
If you think about it, how can two tabs be open simultaneously in one IE
window?