The Website cannot display this page

conehead

The Website cannot display this page
This only happens on the following link:

https://edit.yahoo.com/commchannel/v...mb=NBw3mYDrlOk

It works ok in FireFox.
I have disabled the Host file and my anti-virus
I have looked at any blocked sites in IE.

Nothing seems to allow me to get to this site. It is a Yahoo site that
verifies a secondary email address.

Anybody have a suggestion?

Steve

rob^_^

Re: The Website cannot display this page
Hi Conehead,

It looks like you have to be logged into you yahoo account with IE first
(there is an option on your yahoo account profile to keep you 'logged in'
for up to a month).

IE and FX keep their cookies in different locations and don't share them.

You can see this is the case by loading this link
http://us.f599.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Opt...mb=NBw3mYDrlOk

which is the end part of your full link.

or maybe it is just a symptom of short term memory loss. (Conehead?)

Do you have the Yahoo toolbar installed on both browsers?

Regards.

"conehead" <conehead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This only happens on the following link:
>
> https://edit.yahoo.com/commchannel/v...mb=NBw3mYDrlOk
>
> It works ok in FireFox.
> I have disabled the Host file and my anti-virus
> I have looked at any blocked sites in IE.
>
> Nothing seems to allow me to get to this site. It is a Yahoo site that
> verifies a secondary email address.
>
> Anybody have a suggestion?
>
> Steve

Steve Cohen

Re: The Website cannot display this page
Rob,

I am logged into Yahoo when this happens.
I do not have Yahoo toolbar installed on IE or Firefox.
The link you sent me works fine.

What now?

Steve

Steve Cohen

Re: The Website cannot display this page
Additionally, I have no problem on 2 other similar machines.

Steve

rob^_^

Re: The Website cannot display this page
Sorry Steve, I did not see your name at the bottom.

I am using Vista x86 and IE7. I cannot load the link either. Give me some
time to look into it. My first thoughts are my IE settings for navigating
across sites from different security zones.

I end up with an IE window that is blank, not about:blank, but a page with
no code at all?

I have flagged your post. Just give me more time to look into it. I will
post back here.

Regards.

"Steve Cohen" <conehead(NOSPAM)@msn.com> wrote in message
> Additionally, I have no problem on 2 other similar machines.
>
> Steve

Sanat

Re: The Website cannot display this page
Hi there!

I am having the kind of problem too. IE is not log on into my online work
account page at the moment. I used to have no problem till I installed Spybot
Search and Destroy and let it work with IE.

I tried everything, even disabled IE option of Spybot, but nothing helped.

The page is opening in FireFox and Google Chrome, but I am permitted to use
IE only by my company.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance!
rob^_^

Re: The Website cannot display this page
Hi Steve,

When I copy and past that link into a FX window

https://edit.yahoo.com/commchannel/v...mb=NBw3mYDrlOk

I am taken to the Yahoo login page. Entering in my valid yahoo credentials I
am told that I need to sign-in as conehead@ymail.com.

My guess is that you need to be signed in to yahoo on IE and have enabled
cookies, probably placed https://edit.yahoo.com in your Trusted Sites zone
and unchecked the https requirement option.

Regards.

"Steve Cohen" <conehead(NOSPAM)@msn.com> wrote in message
> Additionally, I have no problem on 2 other similar machines.
>
> Steve

Steve Cohen

Re: The Website cannot display this page
Rob,

I had done all that and I still have the problem.

Any other ideas?

Steve

rob^_^

Re: The Website cannot display this page
Hi Steve,

Security settings - Trusted Zone "Websites in less privileged web content
zone can navigate into this zone". I have this set on my machine, but of
coarse I cannot test it without your credentials.
I also have "Open links in a new tab" I/o window set and have a session that
I do not want to close to reset.

Any differences in page load behavior between IE and FX are usually security
related as FX does not use the IE security zone model.

You can test this if you have the IETabs extension for FX. Configure it to
always open pages with IETabs. Then retest your link with FX set as your
default browser.

> Rob,
>
> I had done all that and I still have the problem.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Steve

Steve Cohen

Re: The Website cannot display this page
Where are these?:

I also have "Open links in a new tab" I/o window set and have a session that
I do not want to close to reset.

This one had been set before:

Security settings - Trusted Zone "Websites in less privileged web content
zone can navigate into this zone". I have this set on my machine

I am about to give up.

Steve