IE7 Favorites Disappearing Act - Vista Home Premium 64-bit

IE7 FAVORITES INOPERABLE

IE7 Favorites Disappearing Act - Vista Home Premium 64-bit
New computer running on WVista Home Premium 64-bit. Working fine for a week
and now it is impossible to add favorites, view previously saved
favorites/bookmarks. Not having much luck finding a relevant posting in
Knowledge Base.

If I need to reinstall IE7 .... how can I do that with the OS already
pre-installed on the computer and no disks?

Re: IE7 Favorites Disappearing Act - Vista Home Premium 64-bit
You cannot reinstall IE7 in Vista (nor is IE7 the problem).

What happens when you try to save a favorite? ...when you try to "view
previously saved favorites"?

Did you change the location of the Favorites folder, perhaps?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

IE7 FAVORITES INOPERABLE wrote:
> New computer running on WVista Home Premium 64-bit. Working fine for a
> week
> and now it is impossible to add favorites, view previously saved
> favorites/bookmarks. Not having much luck finding a relevant posting in
> Knowledge Base.
>
> If I need to reinstall IE7 .... how can I do that with the OS already
> pre-installed on the computer and no disks?

IE7 FAVORITES INOPERABLE

Re: IE7 Favorites Disappearing Act - Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Nothing happens when I try to save favorites. Literally "nothing" ... it
saves no where.

Same result when I try to view previously saved favorites.

This happened when I tried installing IE8, then uninstalled it for
functionality issues. All my favorites in IE7 disappeared as did the
function of saving, adding or viewing favorites.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You cannot reinstall IE7 in Vista (nor is IE7 the problem).
>
> What happens when you try to save a favorite? ...when you try to "view
> previously saved favorites"?
>
> Did you change the location of the Favorites folder, perhaps?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> IE7 FAVORITES INOPERABLE wrote:
> > New computer running on WVista Home Premium 64-bit. Working fine for a
> > week
> > and now it is impossible to add favorites, view previously saved
> > favorites/bookmarks. Not having much luck finding a relevant posting in
> > Knowledge Base.
> >
> > If I need to reinstall IE7 .... how can I do that with the OS already
> > pre-installed on the computer and no disks?

Re: IE7 Favorites Disappearing Act - Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Ah, there's more to the story, I see.

in the background when you installed and/or uninstalled IE8 *Beta*?

<QP>
NOTE: Use beta software at your own risk; it is intended for testing and
evaluation purposes only. Do not install beta software on your primary
computer or production environment.
</QP>
Source: Windows Update, bottom of Change Settings page.
--
~PA Bear