Internet Explorer 7 Ver: 7.0.6001.18000

Umesh Rami.

Internet Explorer 7 Ver: 7.0.6001.18000
Hi,
I am working with US Fedaral agency and currently I am testing VIsta OS
which will be imaged on thousands of machine in coming months. I have
experienced that when I visit out Intranet site links and if that link is not
available, the IE freezes for about 1.5 minutes and than it will comeback so
I can click the other links. But during that period, the IE7 screen just
freezes.
Any suggestion why? Also if you have any tool to monitor perfomance of IE7?
I am using Reliability and Perfomance Center whcih Vista offers but it do not
have specific application testing report. Or if there is, I need guidence how
to set it so I can find the possible solutions.

Thanks,

Umesh Rami.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Ver: 7.0.6001.18000
Probably a rhetorical question: Why are you testing an operating system
that is about to be replaced?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Umesh Rami. wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working with US Fedaral agency and currently I am testing VIsta OS
> which will be imaged on thousands of machine in coming months. I have
> experienced that when I visit out Intranet site links and if that link is not
> available, the IE freezes for about 1.5 minutes and than it will comeback so
> I can click the other links. But during that period, the IE7 screen just
> freezes.
> Any suggestion why? Also if you have any tool to monitor perfomance of IE7?
> I am using Reliability and Perfomance Center whcih Vista offers but it do not
> have specific application testing report. Or if there is, I need guidence how
> to set it so I can find the possible solutions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Umesh Rami.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Umesh Rami.

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Ver: 7.0.6001.18000
Good question. There want be a large difference in WIndows 7 and Vista.
This is a large scale environment and Windows 7 will take 3+ yesra before it
can get stabilized. Till than, Win XP support will be cutoff and all u are
left is Vista.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Probably a rhetorical question: Why are you testing an operating system
> that is about to be replaced?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Umesh Rami. wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am working with US Fedaral agency and currently I am testing VIsta OS
> > which will be imaged on thousands of machine in coming months. I have
> > experienced that when I visit out Intranet site links and if that link is not
> > available, the IE freezes for about 1.5 minutes and than it will comeback so
> > I can click the other links. But during that period, the IE7 screen just
> > freezes.
> > Any suggestion why? Also if you have any tool to monitor perfomance of IE7?
> > I am using Reliability and Perfomance Center whcih Vista offers but it do not
> > have specific application testing report. Or if there is, I need guidence how
> > to set it so I can find the possible solutions.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Umesh Rami.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Ver: 7.0.6001.18000
"...Windows 7 will take 3+ [years] before it can get stabilized."

That's a matter of opinion.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Umesh Rami. wrote:
> Good question. There want be a large difference in WIndows 7 and Vista.
> This is a large scale environment and Windows 7 will take 3+ yesra before it
> can get stabilized. Till than, Win XP support will be cutoff and all u are
> left is Vista.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Probably a rhetorical question: Why are you testing an operating system
>> that is about to be replaced?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Umesh Rami. wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I am working with US Fedaral agency and currently I am testing VIsta OS
>>> which will be imaged on thousands of machine in coming months. I have
>>> experienced that when I visit out Intranet site links and if that link is not
>>> available, the IE freezes for about 1.5 minutes and than it will comeback so
>>> I can click the other links. But during that period, the IE7 screen just
>>> freezes.
>>> Any suggestion why? Also if you have any tool to monitor perfomance of IE7?
>>> I am using Reliability and Perfomance Center whcih Vista offers but it do not
>>> have specific application testing report. Or if there is, I need guidence how
>>> to set it so I can find the possible solutions.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Umesh Rami.
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Ver: 7.0.6001.18000
[Support for WinXP SP3 ends in 2014 & I think you'll find Win7 Beta1 or
higher much more stable than Vista SP1 or SP2.]

Umesh Rami. wrote:
> Good question. There want be a large difference in WIndows 7 and Vista.
> This is a large scale environment and Windows 7 will take 3+ yesra before
> it
> can get stabilized. Till than, Win XP support will be cutoff and all u are
> left is Vista.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Probably a rhetorical question: Why are you testing an operating system
>> that is about to be replaced?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Umesh Rami. wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I am working with US Fedaral agency and currently I am testing VIsta OS
>>> which will be imaged on thousands of machine in coming months. I have
>>> experienced that when I visit out Intranet site links and if that link
>>> is
>>> not available, the IE freezes for about 1.5 minutes and than it will
>>> comeback so I can click the other links. But during that period, the IE7
>>> screen just freezes.
>>> Any suggestion why? Also if you have any tool to monitor perfomance of
>>> IE7? I am using Reliability and Perfomance Center whcih Vista offers but
>>> it do not have specific application testing report. Or if there is, I
>>> need guidence how to set it so I can find the possible solutions.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Umesh Rami.
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>>> "I
>>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>>> this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
>>> and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Re: Internet Explorer 7 Ver: 7.0.6001.18000
And /your/ suggestion is...?

In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936211

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)

PS: A federal government agency would have support options far superior to
the public newsgroups. Check out the MS-moderated Partner Newsgroups,
please.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/