Problem with browser, macromedia breeze and Flash

sheana

Problem with browser, macromedia breeze and Flash
Hi,

I used to be able to watch a Macromedia Breeze presentation on this
computer, using IE 6 with WinXP. Now, however, when I login, I am prompted
to get Flash player, which I do. But when I try to play the Breeze
presentation, it just keeps prompting me to get Flash.

I can play the Breeze presentation on my other computer, so it's not a
problem with the company putting on the webinar. I went into Tools - popup
blocker settings and enabled popups for this site. Please help if you can.
Thanks in advance,

sheana

Donald Anadell

Re: Problem with browser, macromedia breeze and Flash

"sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I used to be able to watch a Macromedia Breeze presentation on this
> computer, using IE 6 with WinXP.

So what's on the computer now, is it still Windows XP with IE6?

> Now, however, when I login, I am prompted to get Flash player, which I do.
> But when I try to play the Breeze presentation, it just keeps prompting me
> to get Flash.

Sounds like the Online Flash Player installation is failing you for some
reason. You might try manually uninstalling and then manually re-installing
the Flash player on the computer in question.

1. Download the Manual Flash Player uninstaller untility from the following
link and save it to your Desktop:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

2. Download the Manual Flash Player installer from the following link and
save it to your desktop:
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

3. Disconnect from the Internet, then temproarily disable any Realtime
Security application(s) running on your machine.

4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller utility from the Desktop to remove the
Flash Player from your system.

5. Now run the Flash Player Installer from your Desktop to install the
Latest Version of the Flash Player.

6. Turn your Security Application(s) back on and reconnect to the Internet
to test your installation.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> I can play the Breeze presentation on my other computer, so it's not a
> problem with the company putting on the webinar. I went into Tools - popup
> blocker settings and enabled popups for this site. Please help if you can.
> Thanks in advance,
>
> sheana

sheana

Re: Problem with browser, macromedia breeze and Flash
Thank you Donald, I did as you suggested, but still getting the prompt to
install Flash. I noticed ~*laughingstar had similar issues with Flash and
IE7....is this a new problem just showing up? Thanks in advance.

sheana

> Thank you Donald, I did as you suggested, but still getting the prompt to
> install Flash.

And if you go to the following site:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_15507

Does it show Version 10,0,22,87 as being installed on your machine?

Or if you go to this site:
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Does it show Version 10,0,22,87 as being installed, and does the Flash
animation work at the site?

Donald Anadell

I noticed ~*laughingstar had similar issues with Flash and
> IE7....is this a new problem just showing up? Thanks in advance.
>
> sheana
>
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I used to be able to watch a Macromedia Breeze presentation on this
>>> computer, using IE 6 with WinXP.

>> So what's on the computer now, is it still Windows XP with IE6?
>>
>>> Now, however, when I login, I am prompted to get Flash player, which I
>>> do. But when I try to play the Breeze presentation, it just keeps
>>> prompting me to get Flash.

>> Sounds like the Online Flash Player installation is failing you for some
>> reason. You might try manually uninstalling and then manually
>> re-installing the Flash player on the computer in question.
>>
>> 1. Download the Manual Flash Player uninstaller untility from the
>> following
>> link and save it to your Desktop:
>> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>>
>> 2. Download the Manual Flash Player installer from the following link and
>> save it to your desktop:
>> http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie
>>
>> 3. Disconnect from the Internet, then temproarily disable any Realtime
>> Security application(s) running on your machine.
>>
>> 4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller utility from the Desktop to remove
>> the
>> Flash Player from your system.
>>
>> 5. Now run the Flash Player Installer from your Desktop to install the
>> Latest Version of the Flash Player.
>>
>> 6. Turn your Security Application(s) back on and reconnect to the
>> Internet
>> to test your installation.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> I can play the Breeze presentation on my other computer, so it's not a
>>> problem with the company putting on the webinar. I went into Tools -
>>> popup blocker settings and enabled popups for this site. Please help if
>>> you can. Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> sheana

sheana

Re: Problem with browser, macromedia breeze and Flash
Hi Donald,

I did everything you said, but still no luck. Computer still thinks Flash is
not installed. Cannot play Macromedia Breeze presentation as it needs Flash.
I have IE6 and WinXP. Any other ideas? (I noticed someone named Laughingstar
had lots of problems with Flash, but I believe he attributed it to an update
for IE7). I have all updates except IE7, as far as I know. If so, do you
have any idea how I can remove the last update to check if there's
connection with my problem? Thanks in advance,

> Hi Donald,
>
> I did everything you said, but still no luck.

And what happened when you visited the two links I posted in my previous
reply to you? In case you did not see my last replay to you I'll repost it
here

[Repost]

And if you go to the following site:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_15507
Does it show Version 10,0,22,87 as being installed on your machine?
Or
If you go to this site:
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
Does it show Version 10,0,22,87 as being installed, and does the Flash
animation work at the site?

You did not answer these two questions from my previous post.

If the answer to the two questions is "Yes" then there is nothing wrong with
your Flash Player Installation. The problem might be with the Flash
Detection script being use at the Web-Based Seminar you are visiting.

If the answer to the two questions is "NO", then there is still a problem
with your Flash Player Installation. Most likely do to Registry Permissions
problems on your machine. See the following Adobe Article on how to reset
the Registry Permissions on your machine to allow for the proper
installation of the Flash Player.

"Using SubInACL to reset Registry Permissions":
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...34cb&sliceId=1

After you've completed the process described in the Adobe Article to reset
your Registry Permissions then perform the Uninstall||Re-Install procedure I
outlined in my original reply.

[Repost]

Manual Uninstall||Re-install instructions:

1. Download the Manual Flash Player uninstaller untility from the following
link and save it to your Desktop:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe

2. Download the Manual Flash Player installer from the following link and
save it to your desktop:
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

3. Disconnect from the Internet, then temproarily disable any Realtime
Security application(s) running on your machine.

4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller utility from the Desktop to remove the
Flash Player from your system.

5. Now run the Flash Player Installer from your Desktop to install the
Latest Version of the Flash Player.

6. Turn your Security Application(s) back on and reconnect to the Internet
to test your installation.

If none of this is successful in solving your issues with the Flash Player
Installation, then I would suggest you open a Webcase with Adobe regarding
your issues:

How to open an Adobe Webcase for Flash Player Installation issues only:

Adobe offers free email support(via a Web Case) for Flash Player
installation problems:

1. Go to the Adobe Support Portal:
http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal/

2. When you get to the Support Portal page, click on the Button that says:
"Create an Account"

3. Once you've created an account with Adobe and you're logged in to that
Account, at the bottom of the page use the selector to select:
"Installation Help"

4. In the 'Choose product' category put a tick in the radial next to:
"Additional products"

5. From the selection menu select:
"Adobe Flash Player"

6. Now click the button that says "Continue"

You will taken to a page entitled:
"Create a support case"

7. Here you can type your support request and send it to Adobe

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Computer still thinks Flash is not installed. Cannot play Macromedia
> Breeze presentation as it needs Flash. I have IE6 and WinXP. Any other
> ideas? (I noticed someone named Laughingstar had lots of problems with
> Flash, but I believe he attributed it to an update for IE7). I have all
> updates except IE7, as far as I know. If so, do you have any idea how I
> can remove the last update to check if there's connection with my problem?
> Thanks in advance,
>
> sheana
>
> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I used to be able to watch a Macromedia Breeze presentation on this
>>> computer, using IE 6 with WinXP.

>> So what's on the computer now, is it still Windows XP with IE6?
>>
>>> Now, however, when I login, I am prompted to get Flash player, which I
>>> do. But when I try to play the Breeze presentation, it just keeps
>>> prompting me to get Flash.

>> Sounds like the Online Flash Player installation is failing you for some
>> reason. You might try manually uninstalling and then manually
>> re-installing the Flash player on the computer in question.
>>
>> 1. Download the Manual Flash Player uninstaller untility from the
>> following
>> link and save it to your Desktop:
>> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
>>
>> 2. Download the Manual Flash Player installer from the following link and
>> save it to your desktop:
>> http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie
>>
>> 3. Disconnect from the Internet, then temproarily disable any Realtime
>> Security application(s) running on your machine.
>>
>> 4. Run the Flash Player Uninstaller utility from the Desktop to remove
>> the
>> Flash Player from your system.
>>
>> 5. Now run the Flash Player Installer from your Desktop to install the
>> Latest Version of the Flash Player.
>>
>> 6. Turn your Security Application(s) back on and reconnect to the
>> Internet
>> to test your installation.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> I can play the Breeze presentation on my other computer, so it's not a
>>> problem with the company putting on the webinar. I went into Tools -
>>> popup blocker settings and enabled popups for this site. Please help if
>>> you can. Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> sheana

sheana

Re: Problem with browser, macromedia breeze and Flash
Hi Donald,

It shows WIN 10,0,12,36 as being installed. The other site shows the Flash
animation playing, and I get a message that Flash is successfully installed.

> Hi Donald,
>
> It shows WIN 10,0,12,36 as being installed. The other site shows the Flash
> animation playing, and I get a message that Flash is successfully
> installed.

Then I would suspect that there is a problem on the Web-based Seminar site
where you are trying to view the Breeze Presentation. Perhaps their Flash
Detection script is not detecting that you have Flash Player 10 installed.
Do you have a publicly accessible link(with no log on) to the site in
question, if so post it to this thread.

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Thank you Donald, I did as you suggested, but still getting the prompt
>>> to install Flash.

>> And if you go to the following site:
>> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_15507
>>
>> Does it show Version 10,0,22,87 as being installed on your machine?
>>
>> Or if you go to this site:
>> http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
>>
>> Does it show Version 10,0,22,87 as being installed, and does the Flash
>> animation work at the site?
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>> I noticed ~*laughingstar had similar issues with Flash and
>>> IE7....is this a new problem just showing up? Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> sheana

sheana

Re: Problem with browser, macromedia breeze and Flash
I have 10, 0, 12, 36 installed, and the animation shows up correctly. I did
answer this before as it is in my OE sent folder, but for some reason it's
not reaching this thread. I can't post the site as it is a private/paid for
class. I could forward you the login to your personal email, but I don't
know if you allow that.

>I have 10, 0, 12, 36 installed, and the animation shows up correctly.

The latest secure version of the Flash Player is Version
10,0,22,87(Flash10b.ocx). If following my instructions in my original post
did not install this version then I would suggest you open a Web Case with
Adobe with regard to your installation issues.

Sorry I don't have anything else to offer you with regard to troubleshooting
this issue aside from what I've already posted.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell