Full Screen no longer works

peanutjake

Full Screen no longer works
I have Vista Home Premium and IE 7.

I updated my computer with a number of updates.

Full screen no longer works on youtube or other web sites
that used to work.

Any Ideas?

PJ
Leonard Grey

Re: Full Screen no longer works
Have you asked youtube or other web sites that used to work for help
with this feature of their website?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

peanutjake wrote:
> I have Vista Home Premium and IE 7.
>
> I updated my computer with a number of updates.
>
> Full screen no longer works on youtube or other web sites
> that used to work.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> PJ

Donald Anadell

"peanutjake" <peanutjakeNO@SPAMnonesuch.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Home Premium and IE 7.
>
> I updated my computer with a number of updates.
>
> Full screen no longer works on youtube or other web sites
> that used to work.
>
> Any Ideas?

The next time you are viewing a Flash Video at Youtube(in a normal window),
rightclick on the video that's playing and choose "Settings..." from the
context menu. Remove the checkmark in the box next to "Enable Hardware
Acceleration".

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> PJ

peanutjake

Re: Full Screen no longer works
Tried it.
It does not help.

PJ

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "peanutjake" <peanutjakeNO@SPAMnonesuch.com> wrote in message
>>I have Vista Home Premium and IE 7.
>>
>> I updated my computer with a number of updates.
>>
>> Full screen no longer works on youtube or other web sites
>> that used to work.
>>
>> Any Ideas?

> The next time you are viewing a Flash Video at Youtube(in a normal
> window), rightclick on the video that's playing and choose "Settings..."
> from the context menu. Remove the checkmark in the box next to "Enable
> Hardware Acceleration".
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>

>> PJ

peanutjake

Re: Full Screen no longer works
Yes I checked their websites.
I found lots of people with the same problem.
No solutions

PJ

> Have you asked youtube or other web sites that used to work for help with
> this feature of their website?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> peanutjake wrote:
>> I have Vista Home Premium and IE 7.
>>
>> I updated my computer with a number of updates.
>>
>> Full screen no longer works on youtube or other web sites
>> that used to work.
>>
>> Any Ideas?
>>
>> PJ

Leonard Grey

Re: Full Screen no longer works
What did the websites' technical support representatives tell you?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

peanutjake wrote:
> Yes I checked their websites.
> I found lots of people with the same problem.
> No solutions
>
> PJ

>> Have you asked youtube or other web sites that used to work for help
>> with this feature of their website?
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> peanutjake wrote:
>>> I have Vista Home Premium and IE 7.
>>>
>>> I updated my computer with a number of updates.
>>>
>>> Full screen no longer works on youtube or other web sites
>>> that used to work.
>>>
>>> Any Ideas?
>>>
>>> PJ

Re: Full Screen no longer works
What updates and from where?

peanutjake wrote:
> I have Vista Home Premium and IE 7.
>
> I updated my computer with a number of updates.
>
> Full screen no longer works on youtube or other web sites
> that used to work.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> PJ

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Full Screen no longer works

"peanutjake" <peanutjakeNO@SPAMnonesuch.com> wrote in message news:15D4ED31-4EA4-4E09-9C21-26FCF788128F@microsoft.com...
>I have Vista Home Premium and IE 7.
>
> I updated my computer with a number of updates.
>
> Full screen no longer works on youtube or other web sites
> that used to work.

Be more specific? Some web sites which use embedded
viewers have their own impementation/definition of the term
"full screen". In IE Fulllscreen mode implies the lack of
"chrome" you can get by pressing F11. Fullscreen mode
of the other kind would depend on the viewer being used
and various security settings. In some cases Alt-Enter
might be a toggle to make if happen. But then clearly
keyboard focus also would be a factor. E.g. Alt-Enter
when keyboard focus is in the Address bar in IE7 may
just clone the current tab. Etc.

> Any Ideas?
>
> PJ

HTH