mail box full

SS

mail box full
Hope someone can help.

If I send an email to my wifes PC it bounces back that her email box is
full, I have emptied all her folders (inbox,sent,deleted)
and also compacted them yet I still get the same message when the email
bounces back.

Any suggestions to clear this would be welcome (IE 6.0) and using blueyonder
(virgin) I am on the same package and mine works ok.
Both PCs are in the same building and have the same virgin account, it used
to work ok until a few days ago, and not aware of any changes made to the
PC, but then again we are talking `my wife` so anything possible :-)

thanks

Leonard Grey

Re: mail box full
Configure her email account to remove messages once she has downloaded
them. Her ISP can show you how.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

SS wrote:
> Hope someone can help.
>
> If I send an email to my wifes PC it bounces back that her email box is
> full, I have emptied all her folders (inbox,sent,deleted)
> and also compacted them yet I still get the same message when the email
> bounces back.
>
> Any suggestions to clear this would be welcome (IE 6.0) and using blueyonder
> (virgin) I am on the same package and mine works ok.
> Both PCs are in the same building and have the same virgin account, it used
> to work ok until a few days ago, and not aware of any changes made to the
> PC, but then again we are talking `my wife` so anything possible :-)
>
> thanks

Bruce Hagen

Re: mail box full
Do you both use Outlook Express as you posted here using it?

She needs to remove the messages from the server, not OE. Then: Tools |
Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of messages
on the server, or at least, Delete messages after X days to assure the
server does not get clogged up.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hope someone can help.
>
> If I send an email to my wifes PC it bounces back that her email box is
> full, I have emptied all her folders (inbox,sent,deleted)
> and also compacted them yet I still get the same message when the email
> bounces back.
>
> Any suggestions to clear this would be welcome (IE 6.0) and using
> blueyonder (virgin) I am on the same package and mine works ok.
> Both PCs are in the same building and have the same virgin account, it
> used to work ok until a few days ago, and not aware of any changes made to
> the PC, but then again we are talking `my wife` so anything possible :-)
>
> thanks

SS

Re: mail box full
Yes we both use Outlook Express.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> Do you both use Outlook Express as you posted here using it?
>
> She needs to remove the messages from the server, not OE. Then: Tools |
> Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of
> messages on the server, or at least, Delete messages after X days to
> assure the server does not get clogged up.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hope someone can help.
>>
>> If I send an email to my wifes PC it bounces back that her email box is
>> full, I have emptied all her folders (inbox,sent,deleted)
>> and also compacted them yet I still get the same message when the email
>> bounces back.
>>
>> Any suggestions to clear this would be welcome (IE 6.0) and using
>> blueyonder (virgin) I am on the same package and mine works ok.
>> Both PCs are in the same building and have the same virgin account, it
>> used to work ok until a few days ago, and not aware of any changes made
>> to the PC, but then again we are talking `my wife` so anything possible
>> :-)
>>
>> thanks

Bruce Hagen

Re: mail box full
Then log on to your server's Webmail site and delete the messages there and
uncheck Leave a copy in OE.
--

> Yes we both use Outlook Express.
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Do you both use Outlook Express as you posted here using it?
>>
>> She needs to remove the messages from the server, not OE. Then: Tools |
>> Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of
>> messages on the server, or at least, Delete messages after X days to
>> assure the server does not get clogged up.
>> --
>>
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP Outlook Express
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hope someone can help.
>>>
>>> If I send an email to my wifes PC it bounces back that her email box is
>>> full, I have emptied all her folders (inbox,sent,deleted)
>>> and also compacted them yet I still get the same message when the email
>>> bounces back.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions to clear this would be welcome (IE 6.0) and using
>>> blueyonder (virgin) I am on the same package and mine works ok.
>>> Both PCs are in the same building and have the same virgin account, it
>>> used to work ok until a few days ago, and not aware of any changes made
>>> to the PC, but then again we are talking `my wife` so anything possible
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> thanks

SS

Re: mail box full
OK will do thanks for guidance.

> Then log on to your server's Webmail site and delete the messages there
> and uncheck Leave a copy in OE.
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Yes we both use Outlook Express.
>>

>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Do you both use Outlook Express as you posted here using it?
>>>
>>> She needs to remove the messages from the server, not OE. Then: Tools |
>>> Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of
>>> messages on the server, or at least, Delete messages after X days to
>>> assure the server does not get clogged up.
>>> --
>>>
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP Outlook Express
>>> Imperial Beach, CA

VanguardLH

Re: mail box full
SS wrote:

> If I send an email to my wifes PC it bounces back that her email box is
> full, I have emptied all her folders (inbox,sent,deleted)
> and also compacted them yet I still get the same message when the email
> bounces back.
>
> Any suggestions to clear this would be welcome (IE 6.0) and using blueyonder
> (virgin) I am on the same package and mine works ok.
> Both PCs are in the same building and have the same virgin account, it used
> to work ok until a few days ago, and not aware of any changes made to the
> PC, but then again we are talking `my wife` so anything possible :-)

Nothing to do with her e-mail client. You have to go up on the mail
server to empty out the trash from her *mailbox*.

So, let me guess, she has her e-mail client using POP and which is
configured to "leave messages on server" (only useful if she intends to
access her mailbox using different e-mail clients at different
locations). Well, since she chose to leave the messages up on the
server, she will then have to periodically go up on the server (using
the webmail interface to her account) to clean it out.

You never bothered to mention WHICH e-mail client she uses so no one can
give specific help on how to properly configure it. If she has the
option enabled to "leave messages on server" than also check if there
are additional sub-options to delete them after N days from retrieving
them and/or when they are deleted from her Deleted Items or Trash
folder.
SS

Re: mail box full

> SS wrote:
>
>> If I send an email to my wifes PC it bounces back that her email box is
>> full, I have emptied all her folders (inbox,sent,deleted)
>> and also compacted them yet I still get the same message when the email
>> bounces back.
>>
>> Any suggestions to clear this would be welcome (IE 6.0) and using
>> blueyonder
>> (virgin) I am on the same package and mine works ok.
>> Both PCs are in the same building and have the same virgin account, it
>> used
>> to work ok until a few days ago, and not aware of any changes made to the
>> PC, but then again we are talking `my wife` so anything possible :-)

> Nothing to do with her e-mail client. You have to go up on the mail
> server to empty out the trash from her *mailbox*.
>
> So, let me guess, she has her e-mail client using POP and which is
> configured to "leave messages on server" (only useful if she intends to
> access her mailbox using different e-mail clients at different
> locations). Well, since she chose to leave the messages up on the
> server, she will then have to periodically go up on the server (using
> the webmail interface to her account) to clean it out.
>
> You never bothered to mention WHICH e-mail client she uses so no one can
> give specific help on how to properly configure it. If she has the
> option enabled to "leave messages on server" than also check if there
> are additional sub-options to delete them after N days from retrieving
> them and/or when they are deleted from her Deleted Items or Trash
> folder.

"WHICH e-mail client she uses " Not very technical with this stuff but IE
6.0 / blueyonder / Virgin I thought would have answered that.

In any case I checked the above and "leave message on server " was unchecked
however I checked and then unchecked it again and that seems to have cured
the problem.

Thanks to all for contributing..

Daniel Crichton

Re: mail box full
SS wrote on Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:14:34 -0000:

> "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message news:gohqr4$sgm$1@news.motzarella.org...
>> SS wrote:

>>> If I send an email to my wifes PC it bounces back that her email box
>>> is full, I have emptied all her folders (inbox,sent,deleted)
>>> and also compacted them yet I still get the same message when the
>>> email bounces back.

>>> Any suggestions to clear this would be welcome (IE 6.0) and using
>>> blueyonder (virgin) I am on the same package and mine works ok.
>>> Both PCs are in the same building and have the same virgin account,
>>> it used to work ok until a few days ago, and not aware of any
>>> changes made to the
>>> PC, but then again we are talking `my wife` so anything possible
>>> :-)

>> Nothing to do with her e-mail client. You have to go up on the mail
>> server to empty out the trash from her *mailbox*.

>> So, let me guess, she has her e-mail client using POP and which is
>> configured to "leave messages on server" (only useful if she intends
>> to access her mailbox using different e-mail clients at different
>> locations). Well, since she chose to leave the messages up on the
>> server, she will then have to periodically go up on the server (using
>> the webmail interface to her account) to clean it out.

>> You never bothered to mention WHICH e-mail client she uses so no one
>> can give specific help on how to properly configure it. If she has
>> the option enabled to "leave messages on server" than also check if
>> there are additional sub-options to delete them after N days from
>> retrieving them and/or when they are deleted from her Deleted Items
>> or Trash folder.

> "WHICH e-mail client she uses " Not very technical with this stuff
> but IE 6.0 / blueyonder / Virgin I thought would have answered that.

IE 6 is a web browser, blueyonder/Virgin is an ISP. Neither are email
clients.

> In any case I checked the above and "leave message on server " was
> unchecked however I checked and then unchecked it again and that seems
> to have cured the problem.

And this suggests that your email client is Outlook Express. The most
appropriate newsgroups for help with that software would be

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer6.ie6_outlook express
microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

--
Dan

VanguardLH

Re: mail box full
SS wrote:

> "VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message
>> SS wrote:
>>
>>> If I send an email to my wifes PC it bounces back that her email box is
>>> full, I have emptied all her folders (inbox,sent,deleted)
>>> and also compacted them yet I still get the same message when the email
>>> bounces back.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions to clear this would be welcome (IE 6.0) and using
>>> blueyonder
>>> (virgin) I am on the same package and mine works ok.
>>> Both PCs are in the same building and have the same virgin account, it
>>> used
>>> to work ok until a few days ago, and not aware of any changes made to the
>>> PC, but then again we are talking `my wife` so anything possible :-)

>> Nothing to do with her e-mail client. You have to go up on the mail
>> server to empty out the trash from her *mailbox*.
>>
>> So, let me guess, she has her e-mail client using POP and which is
>> configured to "leave messages on server" (only useful if she intends to
>> access her mailbox using different e-mail clients at different
>> locations). Well, since she chose to leave the messages up on the
>> server, she will then have to periodically go up on the server (using
>> the webmail interface to her account) to clean it out.
>>
>> You never bothered to mention WHICH e-mail client she uses so no one can
>> give specific help on how to properly configure it. If she has the
>> option enabled to "leave messages on server" than also check if there
>> are additional sub-options to delete them after N days from retrieving
>> them and/or when they are deleted from her Deleted Items or Trash
>> folder.

> "WHICH e-mail client she uses " Not very technical with this stuff but IE
> 6.0 / blueyonder / Virgin I thought would have answered that.
>
> In any case I checked the above and "leave message on server " was unchecked
> however I checked and then unchecked it again and that seems to have cured
> the problem.
>
> Thanks to all for contributing..

Internet Explorer is NOT an e-mail client. So that you found a "leave
messages on server" means you were looking at configurable options in
some OTHER program. What was that other program?