IE 7 text size problems

snooker416

IE 7 text size problems
Hi... I'm using XP pro sp3 , IE 7 . I have Google News as my home page
and I notice the text size is to small , I do have it already on the
largest which it is normally set at but I woke up one morning and
notice the change in size . Nothing was downloaded or install . I done
scans with Avast , Superspyware , Spybot and Spyware Blaster , all
came back with no issues . I have the latest graphic driver updated .
Now is this a Google error or IE ?

Thanks
rob^_^

Re: IE 7 text size problems
Hi Snooker,

Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Accessibility button, check "Ignore
font sizes specified on web pages".

There are also options on the Advanced tab of Internet Options that
determine how text size and zoom levels are adjusted when you start IE or
open new tabs or windows.

Regards.

"snooker416" <mikebreta@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi... I'm using XP pro sp3 , IE 7 . I have Google News as my home page
> and I notice the text size is to small , I do have it already on the
> largest which it is normally set at but I woke up one morning and
> notice the change in size . Nothing was downloaded or install . I done
> scans with Avast , Superspyware , Spybot and Spyware Blaster , all
> came back with no issues . I have the latest graphic driver updated .
> Now is this a Google error or IE ?
>
> Thanks

rob^_^

Re: IE 7 text size problems
Hi Mike,

Please reply to the thread you started for the benefit of all. Email

When was the last update for IE7 made.... It would be Google's fault. They
are probably updating their sites to be IE8 ready and the shrink wrap (a.k.a
developer) has decided to use absolute font sizes in their markup (not a
section 508 recommendation). Hopefully they are monitoring these MSIE
newsgroups and will get the hint.

Actually, looking at news.google.com they are using FONT-FAMILY: arial
instead of letting the browser choose the user preferences.

Check also "Ignore font styles specified on web pages".

Choose your preferred font from the Fonts button on the General tab of
Internet Options.