mail button

Bobdar

mail button
When I try to push the mail button in Internet Explorer 8, nothing happens.
I can find no place on 8 to view mail. I have chosen outlook express and
windows mail to be my default mail program. Still nothing works. I
apologize if this isn't the right group.

Bruce Hagen

Re: mail button
Windows Mail comes with Vista. Outlook Express comes with XP and earlier.
You can't have both on the same machine and even if you could, you can't
have two e-mail programs set as default at the same time.

That said, I would either uninstall IE8 RC1 and wait until it's a finished
program, or ask in the beta newsgroup.

How to uninstall, or remove, Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/

Internet Explorer Beta Newsgroups.

In Your Newsreader:

In The Web Interface:

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

"Bobdar" <Bobdar74@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> When I try to push the mail button in Internet Explorer 8, nothing
> happens. I can find no place on 8 to view mail. I have chosen outlook
> express and windows mail to be my default mail program. Still nothing
> works. I apologize if this isn't the right group.

Bobdar

Re: mail button
Thanks Bruce
"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> Windows Mail comes with Vista. Outlook Express comes with XP and earlier.
> You can't have both on the same machine and even if you could, you can't
> have two e-mail programs set as default at the same time.
>
> That said, I would either uninstall IE8 RC1 and wait until it's a finished
> program, or ask in the beta newsgroup.
>
> How to uninstall, or remove, Internet Explorer 8
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700/
>
> Internet Explorer Beta Newsgroups.
>
> In Your Newsreader:
>
> In The Web Interface:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xplorer. beta
> --
>
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP Outlook Express
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Bobdar" <Bobdar74@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> When I try to push the mail button in Internet Explorer 8, nothing
>> happens. I can find no place on 8 to view mail. I have chosen outlook
>> express and windows mail to be my default mail program. Still nothing
>> works. I apologize if this isn't the right group.

VanguardLH

Re: mail button
Bobdar wrote:

> When I try to push the mail button in Internet Explorer 8, nothing happens.
> I can find no place on 8 to view mail. I have chosen outlook express and
> windows mail to be my default mail program. Still nothing works. I
> apologize if this isn't the right group.

Visit the group that discusses the beta version. This group discusses
the released versions of Internet Explorer. To use Microsoft's
webnews-for-dummies interface (which demands that scripting be enabled)
to visit the Internet Explorer beta group, go to:

A much better solution is to use a newsreader (e.g., Outlook Express,
Thunderbird, Forte Agent, 40tude Dialog, XanaNews, Xnews). If you do
not have or do not want to use your own NNTP (Network News Transfer
Protocol) server, connect your newsreader to:

msnews.microsoft.com

Then go visit the Internet Explorer *BETA* group at:

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta