Symptoms of IE7 problems

Leroy

Symptoms of IE7 problems
My IE7 started shutting down last summer, and after finding no effective
solutions through this board and MS FAQs, I switched to Chrome, which works
fine. Problem is that I still need IE because Hotmail responds poorly to a
connection through Chrome: Inbox opens and I can see the subject liness of
new mail, but I cannot open them because the entire page is non-interactive.

That happens when I set Chrome as my default browser; when I aleve browser
options open and go to Hotmail through IE - as I have done for ages - then
the message pages are all interactive. However, IE7 still shuts down after a
short while.

I am too inexperienced to tinker with Hotkays, but I'd be grateful if
someone could point me towards a diagnosis from these symptoms. Maybge I'll
be able to narrow things down from there.

Leroy

RE: Symptoms of IE7 problems
Forgot to sway that I have WinXP Home automatically updated, and lots of free
space on the PC. Word 2003.

"Leroy" wrote:

> My IE7 started shutting down last summer, and after finding no effective
> solutions through this board and MS FAQs, I switched to Chrome, which works
> fine. Problem is that I still need IE because Hotmail responds poorly to a
> connection through Chrome: Inbox opens and I can see the subject liness of
> new mail, but I cannot open them because the entire page is non-interactive.
>
> That happens when I set Chrome as my default browser; when I aleve browser
> options open and go to Hotmail through IE - as I have done for ages - then
> the message pages are all interactive. However, IE7 still shuts down after a
> short while.
>
> I am too inexperienced to tinker with Hotkays, but I'd be grateful if
> someone could point me towards a diagnosis from these symptoms. Maybge I'll
> be able to narrow things down from there.

Re: Symptoms of IE7 problems
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested logs
in an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums.**

Leroy wrote:
> Forgot to sway that I have WinXP Home automatically updated, and lots of
> free space on the PC. Word 2003.
>
> "Leroy" wrote:
>
>> My IE7 started shutting down last summer, and after finding no effective
>> solutions through this board and MS FAQs, I switched to Chrome, which
>> works
>> fine. Problem is that I still need IE because Hotmail responds poorly to
>> connection through Chrome: Inbox opens and I can see the subject liness
>> of
>> new mail, but I cannot open them because the entire page is
>> non-interactive.
>>
>> That happens when I set Chrome as my default browser; when I aleve
>> browser
>> options open and go to Hotmail through IE - as I have done for ages -
>> then
>> the message pages are all interactive. However, IE7 still shuts down
>> after
>> a short while.
>>
>> I am too inexperienced to tinker with Hotkays, but I'd be grateful if
>> someone could point me towards a diagnosis from these symptoms. Maybge
>> I'll
>> be able to narrow things down from there.

Leonard Grey

Re: Symptoms of IE7 problems
If you 'found no effective solutions through this board' then why are
you posting here? I don't understand.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Leroy wrote:
> My IE7 started shutting down last summer, and after finding no effective
> solutions through this board and MS FAQs, I switched to Chrome, which works
> fine. Problem is that I still need IE because Hotmail responds poorly to a
> connection through Chrome: Inbox opens and I can see the subject liness of
> new mail, but I cannot open them because the entire page is non-interactive.
>
> That happens when I set Chrome as my default browser; when I aleve browser
> options open and go to Hotmail through IE - as I have done for ages - then
> the message pages are all interactive. However, IE7 still shuts down after a
> short while.
>
> I am too inexperienced to tinker with Hotkays, but I'd be grateful if
> someone could point me towards a diagnosis from these symptoms. Maybge I'll
> be able to narrow things down from there.

Leroy

Re: Symptoms of IE7 problems
Don't get sore. My last post was long ago; there could be new developments in
solving IE problems, new thread readers with ideas. Okay, so now I give up.