Internet Explorer

Flagman

Internet Explorer
I have internet explorer, but the path to the folder is missing. I don't have
an Icon on my desktop, nor do I have it in the program files foler. I don't
really want to download the whole thing again.
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer
Can't guess what version of Windows you have so here are instructions
for Windows XP.

Right-click on the icon for this file:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

and select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Flagman wrote:
> I have internet explorer, but the path to the folder is missing. I don't have
> an Icon on my desktop, nor do I have it in the program files foler. I don't
> really want to download the whole thing again.

Re: Internet Explorer
Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.

Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the machine fully patched at Windows
Update?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Do you use Registry cleaners?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Flagman wrote:
> I have internet explorer, but the path to the folder is missing. I don't
> have an Icon on my desktop, nor do I have it in the program files foler. I
> don't really want to download the whole thing again.

Flagman

Re: Internet Explorer
That's part of the problem; No Icon and the program is not listed in the
Program Files of the "C" Drive. It shows in the active window when I'm on
line, but that's it.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Can't guess what version of Windows you have so here are instructions
> for Windows XP.
>
> Right-click on the icon for this file:
>
> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
>
> and select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Flagman wrote:
> > I have internet explorer, but the path to the folder is missing. I don't have
> > an Icon on my desktop, nor do I have it in the program files foler. I don't
> > really want to download the whole thing again.

Flagman

Re: Internet Explorer
I'm using IE 7 with full version of Norton (2008) Updates are enabled, and
no registry cleaner has been used. No 3rd party firewall either. Using only
Norton. It's
a mystery, and I can't figure it out. Thanks anyway.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Is Automatic Updates enabled and is the machine fully patched at Windows
> Update?

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> Do you use Registry cleaners?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Flagman wrote:
> > I have internet explorer, but the path to the folder is missing. I don't
> > have an Icon on my desktop, nor do I have it in the program files foler. I
> > don't really want to download the whole thing again.

Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer
How about if you search your hard drive for the file iexplore.exe?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est