RE: IE7 PNG Images Do Not Display

Nevtse

RE: IE7 PNG Images Do Not Display
I have the similar problem when I using the HTML help workshop to compile a
help file which contains multiple web pages and images like PNG, BMP, JPG and
GIF. When I run the help, the images are blanked out, except BMPs, with a red
x. Try on other machine with similar Xp OS, problem continues. But It work
perfectly well if I run it in another computer with Vista Ultimate running.

I guess it is the IE causing the problem, how can I fix this.

Thanks

"Steven Richards" wrote:

> In the final release of IE7, I have been unable to get PNG images to display
> at all. They worked in all the beta versions. Reverting to IE6 did not fix
> the problem. PNGs did not display in 6 after installing and uninstalling 7.
> Running Fiddler reveals that the images are being requested and downloaded
> properly, so the issue is display, not connectivity.
>
> jscript.dll, vbscript.dll, mshtml.dll and pngfilt.dll are present,
> registered and in their correct versions.
>
> PNG images in IE's internal pages (the run-once page, the new tab page) and
> on the about screen are also broken. Red Xs.
>
> To make absolutely clear: PNG images do not display. All others (JPG, GIF,
> etc) are working fine.
>
> I suspect the problem is somewhere in the registry, since all of the files
> appear to be correct. pngfilt.dll is my own best guess, but I haven't been
> able to find much information on it (registry entries to check, for example).
>
> Any suggestions?

ju.c

Re: IE7 PNG Images Do Not Display
Try something here:

Open the Run box and enter: regsvr32 %WinDir%\system32\pngfilt.dll

Get a registry fix file here (XP and Vista):
PNG images are not displayed on Web sites in Internet Explorer
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...-Explorer.html

Internet Explorer doesn't display PNG images even though your web page claims it supports PNG. What's up with that?
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngfaq.html#msie

Pictures are not displayed on Web sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283807

ju.c

"Nevtse" <Nevtse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A4266EB-CC97-453D-AF09-8155FB5DF898@microsoft.com...
> I have the similar problem when I using the HTML help workshop to compile a
> help file which contains multiple web pages and images like PNG, BMP, JPG and
> GIF. When I run the help, the images are blanked out, except BMPs, with a red
> x. Try on other machine with similar Xp OS, problem continues. But It work
> perfectly well if I run it in another computer with Vista Ultimate running.
>
> I guess it is the IE causing the problem, how can I fix this.
>
> Thanks
>

> "Steven Richards" wrote:
>
>> In the final release of IE7, I have been unable to get PNG images to display
>> at all. They worked in all the beta versions. Reverting to IE6 did not fix
>> the problem. PNGs did not display in 6 after installing and uninstalling 7.
>> Running Fiddler reveals that the images are being requested and downloaded
>> properly, so the issue is display, not connectivity.
>>
>> jscript.dll, vbscript.dll, mshtml.dll and pngfilt.dll are present,
>> registered and in their correct versions.
>>
>> PNG images in IE's internal pages (the run-once page, the new tab page) and
>> on the about screen are also broken. Red Xs.
>>
>> To make absolutely clear: PNG images do not display. All others (JPG, GIF,
>> etc) are working fine.
>>
>> I suspect the problem is somewhere in the registry, since all of the files
>> appear to be correct. pngfilt.dll is my own best guess, but I haven't been
>> able to find much information on it (registry entries to check, for example).
>>
>> Any suggestions?

Nevtse

Re: IE7 PNG Images Do Not Display
I have tried those method, problem persisted.

The fact is that the IE does display the images when I browse them page by
page, which were generated by Word 2003. When I attemp to run the the
compiled .chm help file, it shows only a placeholder in the place of an
image.

Please kindly suggest a solution.