Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

SA

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
I get this message whenever I try to access a particular website:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
On another computer on my same home network, that web page works every time. Could this be something in my security settings? If I ping the website and use that IP address in IE, I get the same message.

Skip

SA

Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

"SA" <sallison@ameritech.net> wrote in message
I get this message whenever I try to access a particular website:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
On another computer on my same home network, that web page works every time.
Could this be something in my security settings? If I ping the website and
use that IP address in IE, I get the same message.

Skip

By the way, I'm running XP Pro / SP3, IE7

Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
And the website would be...?

Did you just install one or more Windows Updates?

How does the machine connect to the internet (e.g., dial-up; cable; DSL)?
Is a router or a wireless connection involved?

Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?

in the background when you installed IE7 and/or SP3?

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

SA wrote:
> I get this message whenever I try to access a particular website:
> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
> On another computer on my same home network, that web page works every
> time.
> Could this be something in my security settings? If I ping the website
> and
> use that IP address in IE, I get the same message.
>
> By the way, I'm running XP Pro / SP3, IE7

Neil

Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Hi SA

I have exactly the same problem and am also on XP SP3 with IE7.

For me, the site was www.novatech.co.uk which I then accessed successfully
with my phone over the same network and ISP.

I have no idea of a solution yet but I have deleted my temporary internet
files and that didn't help...

Neil.