Local IIS works with Firefox, not with IE

Paul Pedersen

Local IIS works with Firefox, not with IE
Can anyone explain these screen shots?

http://thumbsnap.com/v/ei5hwGvS.jpg

http://thumbsnap.com/v/6X0m3ic3.jpg

The table of contents works fine with Firefox, doesn't show up in IE.

This is IIS 5.1 on XP, IE 7.0, Firefox 3.0.6.

rob^_^

Re: Local IIS works with Firefox, not with IE
Hi Paul,

If there are differences between IE and FX it is usually security or Addon
related. Since the menu on the ISS console is a treeview ActiveX control, I
would suspect that it is one of your Security settings. Probably scripting
of ActiveX controls.

If you have the IETabs extension for FX installed this is easily tested by
appear as expected within the FX chrome hosting the IEtab.

Also on Vista machines, there have been recent security updates for VB6
controls. This may be the cause if you are on Vista. Ensure your machine is
updated with the latest Windows Updates and Hotfixes if this is the case.

Regards.

"Paul Pedersen" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> Can anyone explain these screen shots?
>
> http://thumbsnap.com/v/ei5hwGvS.jpg
>
> http://thumbsnap.com/v/6X0m3ic3.jpg
>

> The table of contents works fine with Firefox, doesn't show up in IE.
>
> This is IIS 5.1 on XP, IE 7.0, Firefox 3.0.6.

Paul Pedersen

Re: Local IIS works with Firefox, not with IE
Good idea. I tried with IE Tab, and the TOC disappeared as soon as I
switched to IE. Must be some security setting somewhere. Since I don't have
to worry about my computer infecting itself, maybe I can turn it off. Or
just use Firefox.